New spy footage of 2009 Nissan Skyline GT-R at track

No doubt the Z06 is one badass car. I got nothing but respect for GM for making that bonkers car. Much better and practical and better looking than the Viper IMO. The Viper is menacing yes but Corvette is way much more capable.

Right now I bought my first car a Scion tC 2007. My next car in the next couple of years...#1 on my list...Z06 baby!!

Just buy an Impreza WRX. It's cheap, sticks to the road like nothing else, spoils the fun for the drivers of more than 99% of all the other cars on the road, and you can even use it as a family car. And technically, it simply rocks. Oh, and you get AWD as well, which is what you really want for a fast traffic light smoker.

;)

It's not like american's couldn't build great cars, they just build what the market asks for in the given price range. And those better cars from Europe are also much more expensive, thus the comparison is not entirely valid.

I see american cars as american fastfood. They all seem to love it for some reason. Maybe they just dont know better or dont care but its the same with their cars. They dont expect any quality out of it. It just needs to take them from A to B and they dont seem to care how. European cars are just better. I'd choose a renault or a citroen or a alfa romeo (the new brera is just sooo beutifull) over a american car everyday. And if that doesnt suit you buy Japanese.

You might want to revisit this opinion after driving a car with more the 300 foot pounds of torque under 2800 RPMs. All I can say is that, in my younger years, I had to get the smile surgically removed from my face after having had such a car. Unfortunately the cost of replacing rear tires every two weeks was getting to be ridiculous.

Its cool, but I also expect my sportscar to be really fast around a corner too wich also feels awsome.

The truth of the matter is that there are good and bad cars from everywhere.

Ofcourse. But honestly, drive a car you see on european roads, on europeans roads and then compare it to a american car on those same roads and you'll know why you dont see any american cars on european roads.

It's suffice to say there is zero hope for you even you dont atleast admit the z06 is a kickass sports car and has zero competetion.

i'm not saying its a bad sportscar at all. It isnt. But its neither a ''perfect'' sportscar either.

The exige will only beat it at an auto-x, on a race track a z06 will demolish it.
Even on top gears test track which was designed by lotus it's way faster.

Sorry to burst your bubble but clarkson once did a test on a american track with the stig and some pro american race driver and the z06 lost against the exige. The problem with the z06, as you could see in the movie, is that its not good around corners. The exige kept sticking to the roads while the z06 just couldnt do that as good.

And ofcourse Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo etc are alot more expensive. These cars are better build quality, alot more advanced and Ferrari and Lambo have a exclusive name they want to keep so they just wont sell their cars at a low price.

I mean it's faster than the fucking ford gt, and that was a very good deal untill the z06 came along.

Faster in a straight line, maybe. But not when you put it around a corner.

You're nothing more than an anti-american bigot with no idea what he's is even talking about, I will not waste any more time on you.

Lol im anti american because I dont like your cars? yeah right. Live with it that american cars just arnt as good as eurpean cars. I loved transformers and teenage mutant ninja turtles so I dont hate america (though I am worried a bit about some americans thinking the country with the kangoroo's is in europe and that asia now is a european country) and I always watched discovery channel when there was anything about american fighter planes on.

You're a bigot because you're stretching the truth as a minimum and making ounfounded statments at a max.
How many cars do you think can out corner a elise or exige?
Not a whole lot, maybe because it's a lotus and lotus' philosophy is speed though light weight..
No normal weight (around 3000+ pounds) car with comparible tires will out corner/manuver a exige.
It's a fucking nimble tiny sports car which actually makes the z06 seem like a dream in the real world.
Do you think a 911 will out corner a exige? A 575? A murcielago?
No, you're only proving my point about you by making unfair comparisons.
It weighs 2000 pound for christ's sake.

When I said the z06 was faster than a GT, I didn't say faster in the 400m (or 1/4 mile), I said it was faster
Not to 60, not to 100, it's just plain faster around a race track.
To be fair though, you can easily tune it up with a supercharger pulley
The z06 does very well for it's self considering the god-awful tires it has (run flats.. aka no grips)
Put some proper tires on it and compare it to cars costing 2 or 3 times as much with similar tires and watch it shine.

I'm gonna back up anything I say either, because that's your job.
If you want to be proven wrong, go ahead and search the web, but I warn you, you will be proven wrong.
Oh what the hell, how bout with car and drive comparo: z06 vs exige vs 997 turbo http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...07-lotus-exige-s-vs-2007-porsche-911-gt3.html
Gee I wonder which car won?
Btw, the 07 z06's have new shocks.. so it isn't as tricky to handle.. .which is why it now beats the 997 GT3.
Anyway I'm done wasting my time with you.

But Car and Driver is an American magazine, full of big fat American lies! As big and fat as Americans themselves. Make your time. Hahaha.

I'm not a big fan of American cars in general, but I just want to say I'm enjoying your sound rebuttal, radeonic2.
Thanks ;)
I'm just tired of the whole "american cars suck bla bla bla" and general misinfomation.
Top gear is some what guilty of that, but they can get away with it because like most everythong on the show it's not really that serious.
I mention that because it's my favorite motoring program, it's really a good laugh, especially the one 2 weeks ago where they were given 1000 bucks to buy a car in america.
Oh man.. remind me never to goto alabama :LOL:

Anyway, I dont really like american cars either, only a few of them are any good imo, and the z06 is about at the top of the list.
Theres no denying it's an exception deal, if you would have told me 5 years ago the 2006 corvette would be like this I would die laughing.
I'm not really a fan of corvettes either but the z06 is one corvette I dig, I used to be a viper guy but having grown up with the car though the years I dont really like the direction they went, it's too "soft" now.
It may only have one electronic aid (abs) but the handling is set up way too conservative to be fast on a race track.
The 2008 viper is supposed to pretty sweet though, 600+hp, revises suspension and maybe a weight loss program.

On topic: I used to be a skyline fanboi untill I found out it mostly hype (stock ones that is)
Like the super fast ring time the skyline set (dont remember if it was the R33 or R34) was messed with by nissan, over boosted.
They are nice tuned though of course, but they weigh a ton.
I hope the new one is closer to 3000 pounds then 4000 like the old one.
But Car and Driver is an American magazine, full of big fat American lies! As big and fat as Americans themselves. Make your time. Hahaha.
Indeed ;)
Motortrend is worse, not sure if you remember their original viper vs ford gt but after they ran the article and people were suspicious of the vipers numbers they finally admitted to have tested the viper on a grippier section of tarmac on the track they tested at :rolleyes:

The problem with most american mags or shows is that they dont wanna say a car sucks, thats where topgear comes in :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a bigot because you're stretching the truth as a minimum and making ounfounded statments at a max.
How many cars do you think can out corner a elise or exige?
Not a whole lot, maybe because it's a lotus and lotus' philosophy is speed though light weight..
No normal weight (around 3000+ pounds) car with comparible tires will out corner/manuver a exige.
It's a fucking nimble tiny sports car which actually makes the z06 seem like a dream in the real world.
Do you think a 911 will out corner a exige? A 575? A murcielago?
No, you're only proving my point about you by making unfair comparisons.
It weighs 2000 pound for christ's sake.

You dont really get the point. The point is a car is more than just its engine. The exige and most other european sportscars also have advanced chassis, brakes and suspension wich are big parts in making the cars go fast around a track.

When I said the z06 was faster than a GT, I didn't say faster in the 400m (or 1/4 mile), I said it was faster
Not to 60, not to 100, it's just plain faster around a race track.

It isnt, really. Even around the top gear track wich is mostly straights and fast corners the GT was faster than the z06.

I'm gonna back up anything I say either, because that's your job.
If you want to be proven wrong, go ahead and search the web, but I warn you, you will be proven wrong.
Oh what the hell, how bout with car and drive comparo: z06 vs exige vs 997 turbo http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...e-911-gt3.html
Gee I wonder which car won?
Btw, the 07 z06's have new shocks.. so it isn't as tricky to handle.. .which is why it now beats the 997 GT3.
Anyway I'm done wasting my time with you.

You proven your point. But besides most of the track being fast corners and straights, if you looked a but better you'd see the ariel atom and noble m400 both being faster than the z06. And those 2 cars are also cheaper than the z06.

Not bad, I quite like the GT-R. Can't say I have much faith in the car beating a Porsche 911 turbo on the race track though when all is said and done. Hopefully this will be the first Skyline that makes it to Switzerland! :cool:

And between the GT-R and a 911 turbo, I'd take the 911.

frank said:
Just buy an Impreza WRX. It's cheap, sticks to the road like nothing else, spoils the fun for the drivers of more than 99% of all the other cars on the road, and you can even use it as a family car. And technically, it simply rocks. Oh, and you get AWD as well, which is what you really want for a fast traffic light smoker.

;)

Agreed, though admittedly, I really don't like the look of the new Impreza's. The 1999 were nice, but any after 2000 are just big and heavy. I'd rather get something more purist/focused and a cheap daily-drive for the win/win! ;)

tongue_of_colicab, Ok since you have an iq of about 50 you dont get any more long replies(or me quoting you).
K?

Just this: An arial atom isnt even a proper car, it's a big go cart.
The Noble is a kit car...
Now tell me again how you aren't an anti american, bigot??
Not bad, I quite like the GT-R. Can't say I have much faith in the car beating a Porsche 911 turbo on the race track though when all is said and done. Hopefully this will be the first Skyline that makes it to Switzerland! :cool:

And between the GT-R and a 911 turbo, I'd take the 911.

Agreed, though admittedly, I really don't like the look of the new Impreza's. The 1999 were nice, but any after 2000 are just big and heavy. I'd rather get something more purist/focused and a cheap daily-drive for the win/win! ;)
Well the new wrxs have chassis that are quite a bit stiffer and probably better awd, but on that front I'd have to spring for a new sti model so I could have a proper adjustable torque split, with it set up for a strong rear bias :)

Well the new wrxs have chassis that are quite a bit stiffer and probably better awd, but on that front I'd have to spring for a new sti model so I could have a proper adjustable torque split, with it set up for a strong rear bias :)

I haven't driven the new STi yet but may in near future as a friend is looking in to buying one or perhaps an EVO IX... From what I hear, the new STi is a cracking car and very quick around the track... though I'm still a bit surprised by the size of the thing, after seeing one parked next to a E46 M3 (which IMO is a big car too! :devilish:)... The point about the chassis being stiffer is noted though.

Can't say I have much faith in the car beating a Porsche 911 turbo on the race track though when all is said and done.

Why not? Nissan is using a 911 Turbo in their tests for a reason. Both displace around 3.5 liters, have 6 cylinders, biturbo, AWD etc. If you watched the videos the track times indicate both cars are pretty even. I doubt they'll make it slower because there would be no point. I could see why they would make it a bit faster. My guess would be around 500HP when the GT-R available.

American vs World car battles are fun! :D
No question! The US affinity for large FWD vehicles always impresses me. Preferred in the snow, apparently. This tends to be the reason that you have large capacity motors producing relatively modest amounts of peak power but delivering loads of off-idle torque. Once you up power in a FWD you get torque steer, which although can be controlled using ESP these days, limits the dynamics of the car further. Fortunately GM seems to have woken up & introduced a car like the Pontiac G8, a 4-door RWD sedan that seats 5, with SLA front & multilink rear suspension, a 360hp 6.0l V8 with DOD that delivers 20mpg running on regular while hauling a ~3900lbs car. The killer is that it costs US$30k... I believe an F430's engine alone costs more...

Still, the GT-R has a great heritage from the R3x... These days I'm more interested in the shape of power/torque curves rather than peak tune numbers. FIT is nice, but I'm over the WRX, etc., craze...

Sorry to burst your bubble but clarkson once did a test on a american track with the stig and some pro american race driver and the z06 lost against the exige. The problem with the z06, as you could see in the movie, is that its not good around corners. The exige kept sticking to the roads while the z06 just couldnt do that as good.

And ofcourse Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo etc are alot more expensive. These cars are better build quality, alot more advanced and Ferrari and Lambo have a exclusive name they want to keep so they just wont sell their cars at a low price.

Don't really want to burst your bubble either, but you are for sure getting the Z06 mixxed up with the S/Ced Mustang from the Clarkson movie. Clarkson never put an Exige up against a ZO6, and even if he would, the Z06 would eat the Exige (standard or Exige-S at least) for breakfast on the straights and even more so where in-gear acceleration is concerned. There are not many cars outthere that will outcorner the Exige though, but if the race track has a few straights, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The Z06 is an excellent car considering it's American :p, it's light, it's powerful and it's extremely powerful. It's extremely good money for value though, though I really am not to fond about the cheap-o interiour etc. Apart from that though, the Z06 is one of the car's that has many European car's beat, not only on the straights.

Once you up power in a FWD you get torque steer, which although can be controlled using ESP these days, ...

How the hell do you control torque steer with ESP? Certainly if you have to break the tire during the fastest acceleration, the end result is craptastic. ESPs' purpose is to control slides by braking the tires individually and certainly not to prevent torque steer, or that's how I have always seen it.

Don't really want to burst your bubble either, but you are for sure getting the Z06 mixxed up with the S/Ced Mustang from the Clarkson movie. Clarkson never put an Exige up against a ZO6, and even if he would, the Z06 would eat the Exige (standard or Exige-S at least) for breakfast on the straights and even more so where in-gear acceleration is concerned. There are not many cars outthere that will outcorner the Exige though, but if the race track has a few straights, I wouldn't hold my breath.

The Z06 is an excellent car considering it's American :p, it's light, it's powerful and it's extremely powerful. It's extremely good money for value though, though I really am not to fond about the cheap-o interiour etc. Apart from that though, the Z06 is one of the car's that has many European car's beat, not only on the straights.
I have never seen a Clarkson DVD, but I have seen the piece with the Mustang and Exige, that was on Top Gear.

TopGear did a feature as well featuring a standard Mustang. The one I am refering to (and I'm sure tongue_of_colicab is as well) is Clarkson's "The good, the bad and the ugly" that features an Exige-S against a S/Ced Mustang. It's also by the BBC which is why it may be easily mistaken for TopGear. The "Stig" also makes an appearance, but it is not TopGear.

How the hell do you control torque steer with ESP? Certainly if you have to break the tire during the fastest acceleration, the end result is craptastic. ESPs' purpose is to control slides by braking the tires individually and certainly not to prevent torque steer, or that's how I have always seen it.
Heh, you're behind the times then... With per wheel torque management (some with steering servo), the problem is largely remedied. Modern stability control packages are a superset of engine/torque management, ABS, & traction control systems of yesteryear. In the same way, traction control systems now work with - not against - an LSD (esp in a RWD car).

It does much, much more than that, but that would be too much to explain here. There about 5-6 distinct virtual devices in the unit we simply call ESP. Torque limiting is done in the engine ECU usually, and ESP as well as some other devices can "require" it depending on the vehicle state (driving situation).

EDIT: stevem beat me to it :)

Back