Capeta

Banned
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=119599

I can't wait to see one of these bad@ss mofos in person. :oops:

On the public roads in California.

skyline.r34.3.500.jpg

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=119564

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks OK from the side but its fugly from the front. But I never understood what the big deal is about these japanese tuner cars. I mean, There are alot of things from Japan I like but I hate their cars. Why cant they build a new NSX? they always have to build those stupid sedan looking cars, its annoing. Everytime I hear people talking about Skylines and Supra's I want to punsh them. The only reason I like them better than american cars is because they are technologically good unlike american cars wich are made of cheap materials, look crap, have big 6+ litre v8 engines producing a lousy 180bph (you actually have to try hard to make such a engine produce such low bph), ahve drum brakes and put leaf springs on their sportscars (what was chevrolet thinking when they put leafsprings on the z06?).

Europeans are the only ones that know how to build a proper car.

See that's what makes the Skyline different. It's supposed to look like a 'muscle car' with its blunt bulldog nose and not a pretty sportcar like a NSX with a slantnose. Personally I think this car is far more interesting looking than a BMW M3.

It looks OK from the side but its fugly from the front. But I never understood what the big deal is about these japanese tuner cars. I mean, There are alot of things from Japan I like but I hate their cars. Why cant they build a new NSX? they always have to build those stupid sedan looking cars, its annoing. Everytime I hear people talking about Skylines and Supra's I want to punsh them. The only reason I like them better than american cars is because they are technologically good unlike american cars wich are made of cheap materials, look crap, have big 6+ litre v8 engines producing a lousy 180bph (you actually have to try hard to make such a engine produce such low bph), ahve drum brakes and put leaf springs on their sportscars (what was chevrolet thinking when they put leafsprings on the z06?).

Europeans are the only ones that know how to build a proper car.
Show me a 6~ liter american engine that makes anywhere near 200hp :LOL:
Drum brakes?
Ya on the econ boxes, just like all others.
Leafsprings?
Um a Corvette doesn't have what is traditionally known as leaf springs, it has 2 tranverse leafsprings, one at the front, one at the back, an advtantage of this is that they also act like anti-sway bars and they have less unspring weight than coil springs, amongst other advantages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvette_leaf_springs
American v8s have been making good power since the early 90s, no they dont make 100HP/liter, but that doesn't mean that it isn't as "efficient".
Consider the z06 is the only car over 500HP which doesn't have gaz guzzler tax.
It' so popular to bash american sports cars without actually knowing what the hell you're talking about :rolleyes:
Btw, the skyline is bloated pig :p

Oh and the man in your sig also contributes to misinfomation about the corvette.
I do enjoy topgear, but Clarkson doesn't appear to show much technical info about the cars he reviews, he only knows how to yell "POWER!!!!" while powersliding...

Oh and the man in your sig also contributes to misinfomation about the corvette.
I do enjoy topgear, but Clarkson doesn't appear to show much technical info about the cars he reviews, he only knows how to yell "POWER!!!!" while powersliding...

Exactly, it's an entertaining show, but the real information value is quite limited, although he did say nice things about the new Corvette, he liked it a lot.

European cars are still the best though...:devilish:

Show me a 6~ liter american engine that makes anywhere near 200hp

Oke 200hp is a bit overexacurated but its still pathetic what americans get out of their engines.

The ford f150, I believe the best selling car in the states, has a 5,4l v8 producing a whopping 300hp. The 2005 mustang has v8 4,6 and 5,4l supercharged engine producing 300 and 500hp. The z06, a massive 7l engine generating 505hp.

The F40 has 480hp from a 2,9l v8 engine, and that was 20 years ago. The audi RS6 has a 4.2l v8 producing 450hp. The m5 has something like 500hp with a 5l v10 I believe.

So yes its obious that we europeans know how to build a good engine alot better than americans do.

Leafsprings?
Um a Corvette doesn't have what is traditionally known as leaf springs, it has 2 tranverse leafsprings, one at the front, one at the back, an advtantage of this is that they also act like anti-sway bars and they have less unspring weight than coil springs, amongst other advantages.

Thats great and all, but its still isnt anything close to the suspension used on european sports cars. Clarkson did a test on one of his dvd's with a z06 and a lotus exige on the track. The z06 got his ass kicked by the exige, wich is nothing more than tupperware with a 170hp engine. Why? because the z06, just like any other american sucks at cornering wich is also due to the crap suspension.

It' so popular to bash american sports cars without actually knowing what the hell you're talking about

Its true that american sports cars are cheap compared to european sports cars but you know exactly why that is once you put them round the track (or the corner at the end of your street). You want a car that goes fast in a straight line and is cheap, buy american. You want a proper, quality sports car, buy something eurpean. Name one american sportscar that is better than we have in europe. The only real proper sportscar america has is the Ford GT and that is only good because its designed by europeans.

Couldnt agree more. But does that really matter? no matter what kind of leafsprings a car might have for example, its a fact that it just isnt as good as ''normal'' suspension used on sportscars. And putting the cars round a track gives a good enough idea about what the car is capable of. Most people wouldnt understand the tech-talk anyway.

And than im not talking about styling yet because most american cars arnt exactly what I would call good looking. Or the interior wich is low quality and 9 out of 10 times parts just dont seem to fit at all.

Exactly, it's an entertaining show, but the real information value is quite limited, although he did say nice things about the new Corvette, he liked it a lot.

He loved it on the track. But he said its a bad on the road as it is good on the circuit.

Oke 200hp is a bit overexacurated but its still pathetic what americans get out of their engines.

The ford f150, I believe the best selling car in the states, has a 5,4l v8 producing a whopping 300hp. The 2005 mustang has v8 4,6 and 5,4l supercharged engine producing 300 and 500hp. The z06, a massive 7l engine generating 505hp.

The F40 has 480hp from a 2,9l v8 engine, and that was 20 years ago. The audi RS6 has a 4.2l v8 producing 450hp. The m5 has something like 500hp with a 5l v10 I believe.

So yes its obious that we europeans know how to build a good engine alot better than americans do.

Thats great and all, but its still isnt anything close to the suspension used on european sports cars. Clarkson did a test on one of his dvd's with a z06 and a lotus exige on the track. The z06 got his ass kicked by the exige, wich is nothing more than tupperware with a 170hp engine. Why? because the z06, just like any other american sucks at cornering wich is also due to the crap suspension.

Its true that american sports cars are cheap compared to european sports cars but you know exactly why that is once you put them round the track (or the corner at the end of your street). You want a car that goes fast in a straight line and is cheap, buy american. You want a proper, quality sports car, buy something eurpean. Name one american sportscar that is better than we have in europe. The only real proper sportscar america has is the Ford GT and that is only good because its designed by europeans.

Couldnt agree more. But does that really matter? no matter what kind of leafsprings a car might have for example, its a fact that it just isnt as good as ''normal'' suspension used on sportscars. And putting the cars round a track gives a good enough idea about what the car is capable of. Most people wouldnt understand the tech-talk anyway.

And than im not talking about styling yet because most american cars arnt exactly what I would call good looking. Or the interior wich is low quality and 9 out of 10 times parts just dont seem to fit at all.

He loved it on the track. But he said its a bad on the road as it is good on the circuit.
Did I not tell you that hp/liter isn't that important?
Sure if you're making 200hp out of a 6 liter, but really for v8s they aim for 1hp/ cubic inch.
We americans like something called TORQUE, something you dont get from a tiny engine making 100hp/liter without a turbo/supercharger.
Do you seriously think a truck would do good with 300HP and 200 pound feet of torque??
Trucks need torque, thats what the engine the f150 has.
Btw the nissan titan makes 300hp from 5.6 engine, now either they dont know how to make good hp/liter, or maybe they realize (unlike you) that a truck needs low end torque more than big hp.
Seriously, I beg to stop posting anything about cars unless you learn to stop spreading lies and half truths :!:

Of course the z06 is bad on the road, it's pretty much a racecar, and it does that well, some how with it's supposedly outdated "leaf springs" and pushrods.
Btw, heres a tidbit on the z06 you may not realize, although it has a 7000rpm redline (!!!!), GM has tested it over 8000 rpm :oops:
If you think the z06 is anything less then steller that check out how it compares to it's european rivels which cost much more.
Clearly it's not being held back by not producing stupids ammounts of hp/liter.
Btw heres a hint on hp/liter- ever notice that cars making 100 or more hp/liter (without forced induction of course) rev really high?
Now tell me, why is is better to make 500hp at say 9000rpm with say 220 pound feet of torque then to make 500hp at 6300rpm (z06) and 480 pound feet it torque?
If you could drive a car that had those two engines choices(everything else the same), I bet I know which one you'd choose.
the LsX series engines are bloody fantastic engines, I dare say you're mental if you dont agree.
Oh and btw the F40 has twin turbos and suffered from massive turbo lag :LOL:
But if you really wanna make 480hp from a 2.4 then go ahead, take it, while you're waiting for your turbos to spool I'll pass you in my z06, since the power is instant and it pulls like a bat out of hell from even low rpm.
turbos+ small engines+ big power= turbo lag.
Small engines+ big power= no power untill your near redline
big engines+ big power= big power from low rpm.

General guidlines ;)
And btw, I't is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt ;)
(applies strongly to you and your biased view of american cars, especially the z06 and it's suspension which you clearly know nothing of, yet bash it every chance you get).

At the end of the day I would back the Skyline to smoke a Corvette in a straight line any day of the week.

I don't think you can make a judgement on it's looks from the front as it's covered up.

On the suspension: from what I know (and I build cars :)), the suspension is so "cheesy" in the US cars because the customers prefer it like that for comfort. Also, it's really a no-brainer to make it stiffer if so wanted.

We americans like something called TORQUE, something you dont get from a tiny engine making 100hp/liter without a turbo/supercharger.

And since when is only torque important in your sportscar? Besides, If you look at the torque of the c6 and viper it really isnt that much higher than eurpean sports. The viper has 525lb with 505hp, the c6 400lb with 400hp I believe and the F40 has 425 with 480hp and the F40 is old and never intended to deliver lots of torque like american cars.

Of course the z06 is bad on the road, it's pretty much a racecar, and it does that well, some how with it's supposedly outdated "leaf springs" and pushrods.

Than how come Ferrari, porsche and lambo manage to build cars that, depending on the model, beat the z06 on the track and are good on the public road?

Btw, heres a tidbit on the z06 you may not realize, although it has a 7000rpm redline (!!!!), GM has tested it over 8000 rpm
If you think the z06 is anything less then steller that check out how it compares to it's european rivels which cost much more.

Lotus exige will beat the z06 around the track and it cheaper to. And both suck on the public road. Now how can that be? because you cant just make a ''great'' engine and leave the rest of the car stuck in 19th century.

But if you really wanna make 480hp from a 2.4 then go ahead, take it, while you're waiting for your turbos to spool I'll pass you in my z06, since the power is instant and it pulls like a bat out of hell from even low rpm.

Oke, than ill get the best seat in the house seeing you crash into the wall once you try to corner the damn thing ;) ''You dont realise how important brakes are untill you are in a american car, because they dont have any.''

Its just a fact that american cars arnt very good compared to european cars. Look at every price range or type of car and europe will have something alot better than what america has to offer. Well, except for pick up truck but why would you want to drive a pick up truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are still in the process of tuning it as well, so the final car will probably be even quicker.

Just a quick update: The new Skyline GTR beat a 911 turbo by a few tenths of a second during testing at Laguna Seca. It looks to be powered by a twin turbo V6. Keep in mind the 911Turbo is a $120k car.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=119632

Personally if I had around $100K to spend on a sportscar I'd get an Audi R8.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=116371

Thats pretty fast :) wonder what it will do against the new 911. But at the end of the day imo its still ugly, and no matter what, it will still be wearing a Nissan badge. I'd choose the 911 without any doubt if I had the choice.

The thing about Porsche cars that I dislike is their styling, only exception is the Carrera GT. It seems they cannot come up with any new design without morphing the old into the new. They look nice but not very daring or interesting. That's why I would take a R8 over a 911 Turbo.

Its just a fact that american cars arnt very good compared to european cars. Look at every price range or type of car and europe will have something alot better than what america has to offer. Well, except for pick up truck but why would you want to drive a pick up truck.

It's not like american's couldn't build great cars, they just build what the market asks for in the given price range. And those better cars from Europe are also much more expensive, thus the comparison is not entirely valid.

It's the market positioning and the targeted customers that command the development, features etc. from the beginning of the development, not the "look what nice things we can develop". That's the least important factor, actually :)

And since when is only torque important in your sportscar?

You might want to revisit this opinion after driving a car with more the 300 foot pounds of torque under 2800 RPMs. All I can say is that, in my younger years, I had to get the smile surgically removed from my face after having had such a car. Unfortunately the cost of replacing rear tires every two weeks was getting to be ridiculous.

Tell that to my wife's POS VW Cabrio or my neighbors POS - How many times can a vehicle be back at the shop - Tourag, or my friends - there can't be anything left to fix - Land Rover Disco, about that. That didn't get the message that they are supposed to be good.

The truth of the matter is that there are good and bad cars from everywhere. In particular I think GM is experiencing an awakening. New models such as the Acadia, the new Malibu and Aura, plus GM's push to utilize its world wide resources. Holden seems to have some interesting designs in production and on the board like th4e F*Me Efijy.

You might want to revisit this opinion after driving a car with more the 300 foot pounds of torque under 2800 RPMs. All I can say is that, in my younger years, I had to get the smile surgically removed from my face after having had such a car. Unfortunately the cost of replacing rear tires every two weeks was getting to be ridiculous.
Pah, my Subaru develops about that (Probably between 260 and 280) and tops out at around 340 at 3,600 rpm I'm sure snaking your way down the road is nice and all, but I would much sooner be long gone than leave a few tire marks on the floor.

And since when is only torque important in your sportscar? Besides, If you look at the torque of the c6 and viper it really isnt that much higher than eurpean sports. The viper has 525lb with 505hp, the c6 400lb with 400hp I believe and the F40 has 425 with 480hp and the F40 is old and never intended to deliver lots of torque like american cars.

Than how come Ferrari, porsche and lambo manage to build cars that, depending on the model, beat the z06 on the track and are good on the public road?

Lotus exige will beat the z06 around the track and it cheaper to. And both suck on the public road. Now how can that be? because you cant just make a ''great'' engine and leave the rest of the car stuck in 19th century.

Oke, than ill get the best seat in the house seeing you crash into the wall once you try to corner the damn thing ;) ''You dont realise how important brakes are untill you are in a american car, because they dont have any.''

Jesus christ you're dull.
It's suffice to say there is zero hope for you even you dont atleast admit the z06 is a kickass sports car and has zero competetion.
You realize nothing can touch it thats under 150,000 right?
The exige will only beat it at an auto-x, on a race track a z06 will demolish it.
Even on top gears test track which was designed by lotus it's way faster.
The only cars faster cost way more
I mean it's faster than the fucking ford gt, and that was a very good deal untill the z06 came along.
You're nothing more than an anti-american bigot with no idea what he's is even talking about, I will not waste any more time on you.
I really hope you're just acting like Clarkson to amuse yourself.

Back