New Silent Hill game (rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SH2 VR would be my dream

Yeah. I was asking because there's a large fanbase for the original SH1 (and all the other I guess), which I never played, and it's just a bit difficult at times what "Silent Hill" refers to precisely. SH2DC is one of my most beloved games.
VR seems compatible with the original game's pace. Not sure what would be my physical state after meeting Pyramid Head in VR though ... :p

Not too excited for a Bloober Team SH2 Remake to be honest, if that's what one of the suggested projects ends up being. The Medium wasn't exactly a great performing title by any metric, but not much I can do about it I guess.

I would have preferred Sony make it themselves in house.. even if it meant never being released on PC down the line. SH2 is a classic game to me, and one of the best horror games of all time.. expectations will be high.

Companies seem to love remaking things, as it's easier. But I think it's just as easy to get a PS2 and just enjoy the originals for what they are.

The only excellent survival horror remake was the 2002 RE remake. The other RE remakes deviated away from the originals, to where it became noticeably offensive. So if they remade the game and changed so much, people will always say they didn't do it as faithfully.

Not too excited for a Bloober Team SH2 Remake to be honest, if that's what one of the suggested projects ends up being. The Medium wasn't exactly a great performing title by any metric, but not much I can do about it I guess.

I would have preferred Sony make it themselves in house.. even if it meant never being released on PC down the line. SH2 is a classic game to me, and one of the best horror games of all time.. expectations will be high.
Yeah imo they are too mediocre studio for big franchise remake tough they are capable of creating good 7/10 or even 8/10 title.

Companies seem to love remaking things, as it's easier. But I think it's just as easy to get a PS2 and just enjoy the originals for what they are.
I'm not sure that getting a PS2, finding the game and an adaptor connect it to your TV is "easy". It's not impossible, but working condition PS2s are not readily available, nor are games that aren't scratched to buggery.

Compared to going to the PSN Store and just clicking buy. That definitely sounds easier.

Just when you thought it was safe to talk about something else besides Silent Hill. Eh? :mrgreen:

This has been some week. :cool:

Enjoy your retirement, Dusk!

Leak: New Silent Hill game from Konami reveal date and teaser trailer have been leaked! Here’s the teaser video and the reveal date is July 12! #SilentHill #Xbox #PlayStation
Update: This was first posted on a Japanese forum, however the post has since been removed. Leaker claims it was from a Konami share holder meeting. I can’t confirm if this is real yet. I’ll let you all know asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back