New Nvidia drivers 40.71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstable, this thread won't last much longer... ;)
Secondable, YES, they're much improved over the 40.41 detonator set - the darkness is gone, aniso 8 can be set in the control panel and is working correctly, MotoGP bugs are no more and the nearest point sampling bug has also been fixed (albeit I heard it was fixed in a rather "ugly" way).

Well I am one of them sorry saps with Win98 untill now I could only wonder what the matter with these drivers were. Anyhow with the UT 2003 Demo I had better results using RT overclocking and driver 29.42_win9x. I haven't the actual numbers but the game has slightly slower frame rates using the 40.71 drivers on my system.(Old GF DDR.) I should play around a bit more.

Sabastian said:
Well I am one of them sorry saps with Win98 untill now I could only wonder what the matter with these drivers were. Anyhow with the UT 2003 Demo I had better results using RT overclocking and driver 29.42_win9x. I haven't the actual numbers but the game has slightly slower frame rates using the 40.71 drivers on my system.(Old GF DDR.) I should play around a bit more.

Well, I remember the ut2k3 demo readme file stating that there is a problem with 40.41 detonator set (frequent slowdowns at the beginning of the level, etc...), while they are fixed in 40.71 detonator set...

You shouldn't expect any difference with gfddr... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back