New monitor recommends?

Wouldn't you want something with HDCP for the near future? I would say save the 200 for a while & get something like what I got for Xmas.

Pure Heaven. http://www.gateway.com/retail/hd2200.php

I got mine at Best Buy. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...D2200&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1188560797509

Notice the connections it accepts. I've got my PS3 (HDMI) & Comp (DVI) hooked up to it with room for another Comp (VGA) & even an Xbox 360 (Component). All can be switched back & forth via a little button on the front right frame. Awesome monitor. You may even be able to get interest free deals at Best Buy for up to 18 months if you want to go that route.

Nope, I'll get that later on and pass whatever I get on down to my son or daughter who will be in need of one.

I put out the word I'm looking for some part-time work today, we'll see what happens.

I order tomorrow morning, about 8-9 hours after this post. I got a $300 budget and I have to get an LGA775 cooler with it too, probably gonna order from NewEgg.

Any recommends?

It's so fucking clear and sharp! :oops:

Not to mention big, it's big! Like my 19", but added extra on both sides plus a bit taller.

Right now I'm still trying to get the colour just right and tweaking around with some games, looks like it's gonna take me a while to get the hang of wide-screen gaming if GTA:SA is any example.

I can't say enough happy things about this monitor right now though, very nice. :)

Nope to the "color return" option, what is it?
A menu option allowing the monitor's MPU to recalibrate color output taking in to account circuit drift (ageing). There are a number of known fixes for Trinitron issues of overbright raster & color drift, from replacing a resistor to eeprom edit of G2 value. Not really worth the trouble, IMO...

Glad you're happy with the purchase.

Can you get a 226bw for 200dollar? I bought a 226cw (a updated version with a garanty of a good panel) for 330 euro's. The cheapest bw I could find was 260 euro's. I dont think you will ever find a 226bw for 200 dollars (130 euro).
Euro price = US$ numerical price on most consumables, not exchange rate equivalent (nor FOB) price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally Dig as a poor man myself I prefer a 20 inch screen then graphics cards can actually drive it at 1680*1050 or whatever without having to buy $600.00 of graphics card(s).

A 24" is only 1920x1200. I think even a sub $150 8800GT would work well with that. Perhaps not as much AA, but it will still run games more than fine at the native resolution.

Back