I need some help from people who know LCDs well for a pc monitor

Hazuki Ryu

Regular
I need help deciding wich one to buy I'm currently looking at this ones to use with both pc and xbox 360 via vga cable

Westinghouse - 22" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor
Model: L2210NW

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8725819&type=product&id=1201306785562

$250

Maximum Resolution1680 x 1050

Response Time 2 ms

Contrast Ratio 3000:1 dynamic

VGA Input Yes

DVI-D Input Yes

---------------

LG - 19" Widescreen Flat-Panel LCD Monitor
Model: W1952TQ-TF

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8739074&type=product&id=1201913867265

Maximum Resolution 1440 x 900

Response Time 2 ms

Contrast Ratio 10,000:1

vga and dvi-d too

The first one is a bit bigger and that would be nice for me since i dont sit that close to it most of the time due to surround speakers positioning but 10.000:1 contrast ratio looks very tempting I need help on this one will it really compensate to have that contrast ratio? thanks in advance

Edit: don't tell me to go look because i really can't lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd get the 22" Westinghouse in a heartbeat over that LG, the resolution and size just trumps the contrast ratio for me.

Besides, 3000:1 contrast ratio does NOT suck! It's rather a good one from what I've been looking at.

Just my opinion, but that's what you posted up for isn't it? :p

I'd get the 22" Westinghouse in a heartbeat over that LG, the resolution and size just trumps the contrast ratio for me.

Besides, 3000:1 contrast ratio does NOT suck! It's rather a good one from what I've been looking at.

Just my opinion, but that's what you posted up for isn't it? :p

ofcourse thanks for posting the resolution doesn't mean that much to me since my pc can't run games very well at those resolutions but the size really makes a difference I've been suffering with my samsung's contrast ratio of 500:1 for a long time now and I'm afraid that 3000:1 might not be enough to look like i would like.

The main source I'll be using it for is xbox 360 so its very important that the monitor handles analog signal well and good upscalling too.

Back