New MGS4 trailer in a few days

It's just one of those things you kinda have to get over with kojima trailers. It's expected he will show a trailer in a motion picture style of story telling, not actual HUD and gameplay. I really dont care as long as he keeps up the great work. I dont need gameplay videos to validate what the game will look like, with kojima trailers you kinda just know what hes aiming for and what he will achieve in the final game.

But I dont knock you for wanting gameplay. I just dont get riled up when he doesnt show gameplay, because I already don't expect it.

trust me... I'm far from riled up over it. :LOL:

I just don't know why he spends the time making these productions rather than setting up a little game code for us to see (unless game code is not ready yet).

Other than the fact that (as was mentioned earlier)... he's just a frustrated movie director. ;)

trust me... I'm far from riled up over it. :LOL:

I just don't know why he spends the time making these productions rather than setting up a little game code for us to see (unless game code is not ready yet).

Other than the fact that (as was mentioned earlier)... he's just a frustrated movie director. ;)

No like you said the game code probably isn't ready yet. Nobody wants a Too Human to happen to their game. And the movies that we see are more than likely going to be in the game anyway so it probably doesn't take them to far off their dev time.

Maybe because they are pretty damn nice and his team gets a lot more praise for it compared to these other trailers. It's not like the actual game wont have a cinematic feel either, so it's kinda a sample of what to expect. All the MGS's felt like I were playing inside of a movie with a great story. So what if he likes putting a 'movie director' touch on his trailers/games, I think that just improves the final product.

Maybe because they are pretty damn nice and his team gets a lot more praise for it compared to these other trailers. It's not like the actual game wont have a cinematic feel either, so it's kinda a sample of what to expect. All the MGS's felt like I were playing inside of a movie with a great story. So what if he likes putting a 'movie director' touch on his trailers/games, I think that just improves the final product.

I really don't care what he does... I was just stating my opinion :smile:

I am just curious to see what he can do with all this power ...in game

I am just curious to see what he can do with all this power ...in game
And it will displayed in his trailers, as his previous trailers were for his previous MGS titles. Look, You obviously dont care what I'm trying to tell you. I know you want to see gameplay(AI/HUD and all), just put it out of your mind until the final game comes. ;)

...You obviously dont care what I'm trying to tell you.

I understand what you're saying but you're right I don't care about the movie stuff because all I care about is what the game looks like when I'm moving the character around and interacting in real time. although with what I've seen so far, the cut scenes will kick ass in the game for those that care.

Kojima has mixed in gameplay previews in all his cinematic trailers in the past. The MGS4 trailers have actually been the odd balls in that regard. Check out the second MGS3 trailer to see what I mean, lots of set pieces from the game edited alongside the cinematics (no HUD but obvious gameplay). Im gonna guess the TGS trailer will follow similar lines. Hoping to see the destructable environs and octo-camo in action. :)

Back