New laptop :)

Invalid

Newcomer
Hello everyone i'm in search of a new laptop.I have approx. 700€ (890$).
I want a 15.6" screen and don't care about gaming on it.It will be mainly used for running programms like matlab and some browsing and media consumption. Don't care about Bluray either.Any help appreciated.

HP makes good laptops, I hear. They should have something in your price range. Also, Dell (although they are typically only available via their online store, so difficult to look at and touch in-person before buying; maybe google for reviews first before ordering). ASUS might also be worth checking out.

If your demands are as low as you say, it doesn't really matter what you buy as long as you are satisfied. Do note that screen quality is often very lacking on cheaper laptops. Typically, low brightness, poor contrast, bad colors, very bad viewing angles. More expensive laptop GENERALLY means better screen. If you plan on using the built-in screen a lot you should make sure it is of acceptable quality to you.

I'm in the usa so I don't know what prices are like by you.

I also don't have much knowledge of matlab however the hp envy sleekbook's are really nice.

the sleekbook 6z-1100 is pretty good i'd spend the $100 and upgrade to the a10 but your better off buying ram online for a lot less

Add 50 Euro and you can have a full HD laptop from multiple manufacturers for that price, at least over here in the Netherlands (all the major EU countries probably). Since you're not interested in gaming the screen together with build quality and keyboard are the most important aspects of a laptop ... the CPU/GPU/DRAM is all secondary.

I like Dell Vostro because they come with matt screen by default, slightly lowers the sharpness and brightness and in some ways actually increases the sensitivity to environmental lighting ... but I still prefer it over the glossy alternatives. They put the Vostro on the small business part of their site, but you can buy them privately just fine (a while back you had to make up a company name, but I think they don't even ask for one any more now). Cheapest full HD Vostro over here at the moment is almost precisely 700 Euro including VAT, there is some kind of discount at the moment (Dell often has those).

Hello everyone i'm in search of a new laptop.I have approx. 700€ (890$).
I want a 15.6" screen and don't care about gaming on it.It will be mainly used for running programms like matlab and some browsing and media consumption. Don't care about Bluray either.Any help appreciated.

Although I think 15.6 is too small and not very good for work, I would recommend Sony Vaio.

http://datacomp.sk/notebooky-15-6-optimalny-rozmer_c2150.html?stishowtype=1&scaid=81

Perhaps this:
http://datacomp.sk/sony-vaio-e1512h1esi_d148364.html

Lenovo quality is a little bit on the low side given that I had to work on one Lenovo 15.6 and it was awful. The quality of material it is made of, the design, terrible. ;)

Once again thanx eveyone for your help.Sony laptops while great are abit pverproced imo.I'm leaning towards the Dell vostro for the time.

Asus Zenbook UX51VZ-DB115H 39.6 cm (15.6 inch) Notebook (Intel Core i7 3632QM, 2.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 512GB HDD, NVIDIA GT 650M

Features: WQHD display with IPS +, 16:9, 2880x1620 resolution, external DVD drive, aluminum unibody, 2x SSD in RAID 0 system
Battery: Li-ion 8-cell Battery / 90 W
Warranty: 24 Months from and sold by Amazon.de. When selling and shipping through a third-party the information given by the seller are
Included: Asus Zenbook UX51VZ-DB115H 39.6 cm (15.6 inches) notebook, power adapter, warranty card, External DVD Burner, subwoofer

Back