New Ken Kutaragi interview (2) @ PC Watch

I would like to point out to pakotlar that I use PSP's movie and song playback feature more than games, especially if more anime or TV episodes are available on memory sticks. PSP is an excellent video player.

All-in-one systems typically compromise on feature or price but PSP is really good. The only missing feature is a TV-out. The other outstanding all-in-one system is the copier-fax-printer combo machine. It took a good portion of HP printer sales (until HP rolled out their own). Another common all-in-one system is actually the computer but you can always specialize it for a particular purpose.

As for PS3, the verdict is still out there. But it does sound iffy for the moment :D

Shifty Geezer said:
But that's the same with all higher tech. Why buy a computer or GPU or mobile phone now when a better one will be released in the future?
Not with consoles though. :cry:

serenity said:
Not with consoles though. :cry:
For the game playing department, future PS3's won't be any different (is mine and I think most people's expectations). You won't be buying a PS3 now only to find PS3.1 in two year's time has better games and you need to upgrade to it. The extras are for non-gaming functions, PC functions, and thus are no different to a PC, that if you buy the PS3 now and in two years time there's a 1 GB version which is much better for video editing, you either upgrade or not depending on needs and disposable income.

As long as the PS idea keeps a core functionality for games, I have no problem with it being upgradeable component wise.

Hehehe

:LOL:

Check out Sony's PS3 site, and crank up the brightness:

ps3apple7qw0cz.jpg

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/default.html

Couldn't help but think of all of Kutaragi's musings about Apple from this interview when I saw this :LOL:

I'm sure it's just some watermark or graphic designer's joke before we go overboard on the symbolism or meaning of it ;)

edit - it seems the smoke effect they use in the flash has an apple logo on it..maybe they took it from somewhere on Apple's site. Quite a funny coincidence given KK's apparent Apple admiration!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apple

Titanio said:
:LOL:

Check out Sony's PS3 site, and crank up the brightness:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/default.html

Couldn't help but think of all of Kutaragi's musings about Apple from this interview when I saw this :LOL:

I'm sure it's just some watermark or graphic designer's joke before we go overboard on the symbolism or meaning of it ;)

Apple OS is good compatibility for IBM chip no? But Apple and Sony are same type company because both have only Apple format or only Sony format for everything (but Sony has slow changes already because PS3 has more open format). So if they have deal for Sony hardware and Apple software it will be big policy change for both companies but also amazing chance for both companies for super success.

Who will not want $599 Apple computer with 8-core 3.2Ghz CPU, 256MB XDR, Dual-Layer Blu-ray, 60GB Hard Drive, 256MB G71 GPU, HDMI, WiFi, Blue Tooth, etc?

Apple G5:

$3,299.00
4 core 2.5ghz cpus
512MB RAM
250GB hard drive
Double Layer DVD (write also)
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600

But what you say is correct also because without real information we must not get too much carried away. But if Sony and Apple have made new deal for Apple OS (or maybe website graphic is for convince Apple to have such idea) then this is very exciting. If Apple and Sony make deal for Apple OS in PS3 then this is great deal for Apple because Sony will "eat" hardware cost and Apple can have amazing OS distribution and is great deal for Sony because Apple OS is very good quality and has image for "real" multimedia computer and also has many softwares.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back