New HP computers lack AGP slot!

CMAN

Regular
I work at a computer store in the US, and the latest line of HP computers all lack an AGP slot. They also do not have a PCI express slot either. Even the Media Center computer that costs $1049 does not have an AGP slot. How cheap can they get? The motherboard for the media center is an ASUS and even has the spot for an AGP slot. HP is turning into pure crap!

In additioin, we got another HP in (also no AGP slot), but it had a sticker on the front saying it had a Pentium 4 Extreme Edition. I got excited, but it turned out it did NOT have a P4 EE in it. What false advertisement. I recommend no future purchase of HP's for the time being, as they seem to be cutting corners on quality.

What u mean no AGP slot? At all? So how are people supposed to.... upgrade? I guess people buyign HP PCs won't ever even know how to open the cases to upgrade, but still...

HP, Dell, Emachines, Gateway etc......this all goes back to the old Packard Bell computers of many a year ago. They aren't upgradable. If you want a machine that's upgradable.....or even close to state of the art (or even usable in some instances) you probably need to stay away from them. Buyer beware. Do your research well before you buy!

london-boy said:
What u mean no AGP slot? At all? So how are people supposed to.... upgrade? I guess people buyign HP PCs won't ever even know how to open the cases to upgrade, but still...
:?

Eew! Now this is just too cheap even for the cheapy PC companies! :oops:

Thank god i have a brain. And not much money, which makes me very paranoid before every purchase. But even if i did have millions, the brain would still come to the rescue.

this is why you only purchase a laptop from a manufacturer and build everything else yourself.

martrox said:
HP, Dell, Emachines, Gateway etc......this all goes back to the old Packard Bell computers of many a year ago. They aren't upgradable. If you want a machine that's upgradable.....or even close to state of the art (or even usable in some instances) you probably need to stay away from them. Buyer beware. Do your research well before you buy!

This is definately common on the lower end machines from each manufacturer. I was suprised the ENTIRE line did not have an AGP slot, even the higher end machines. The same is not the case for other manufacturers at similar price points (Sony, Emachines or Gateway).

How much money are they saving though since the board is made to support an AGP slot? It seems like a meaningless saving.

The Baron said:
this is why you only purchase a laptop from a manufacturer and build everything else yourself.
QFT!
yep.gif

Back