New God of War videos

:oops: scene with fat hydra is simply amazing and this is still ps2. When i'm think of GoW on ps3 i'm scared.

Hardknock said:
WOW, this looks awesome! Is this 480p 60fps????

Yes I believe so. And guys I changed the video to an even better one. It's a 23 minute video of this level as a whole. You will say "WOW"!

Oh my .........0_0. THis is one of the most amazing games I have ever seen. The first one was just a taste it seems. These guys are just bitch slapping the PS2 hardware.

Woohoo!! After they talked about moving GoW's battle system more in tune with DMC I was worried that the environs and exploration would suffer. This vid just made me very happy the SERIOUSLY kicked the environs up a notch. When he fliped the one section of land to create a bridge or the sprawling weaving landscape. That rock minotaur gave me a scare too! Very happy to see this, well done Barlog well done.

It's just mind blowing that the ps2 is capable of this quality.

The animation so is far beyond what most other games even try to attempt even on next gen hardware.

fearsomepirate said:
Do you think they even imagined PS2 games would look like this when they designed the hardware?

Probably not. More than the great graphics, it's the animation that I love. And the camera is perfect too imo.

agree they are very good with everything, GoW is nearly perfect game. When i was playing GoW it reminds me of all good games i had played before when i was a boy like punisher, final fight... but tuned to todays standards, it's not only beautiful game with best animation it's also one of the best games ever made.

Looks really, reall good! They do absolute magic with the PS2. I cannot wait to see what they can do with the PS3! It is hard to pick out areas that only need to be "more and higher quality/resolution" but adding in some dynamic animation and some work on collision detection are the only things I could really see that need a next gen face lift. This game is looking better than a number of next gen games out or coming out and the gameplay of the first is rock solid from what I hear.

They'll do wonders with PS3 but somehow i feel that on a SDTV, the jump won't be really amazing. I mean, for a PS2 game, GOW and GOW2 are just way beyond what everyone thought the machine would be capable of, and although i'm sure their PS3 games will be amazing, i'm a bit worried they won't be able to do "that much more" at least at first. The animation will be the hardest thing to really improve enough for people to notice, but that's just because GOW animates so damn well. In the end animation is in the hands of the animators, not the hardware (until a certain point of course).

I have the feeling that they will have to go the "put 100 times more of the same stuff in there" route to achieve the WOW factor, which is what i'm seeing happening in a lot of next gen games.

I'm trying to download the video (342MB) and I'm getting 15KBs. WTF?
I hope this video exist somewhere else too.

edit 33% downloaded...:???:
LoL maybe I get to see it today!

Last edited by a moderator:
london-boy said:
They'll do wonders with PS3 but somehow i feel that on a SDTV, the jump won't be really amazing. I mean, for a PS2 game, GOW and GOW2 are just way beyond what everyone thought the machine would be capable of, and although i'm sure their PS3 games will be amazing, i'm a bit worried they won't be able to do "that much more" at least at first. The animation will be the hardest thing to really improve enough for people to notice, but that's just because GOW animates so damn well. In the end animation is in the hands of the animators, not the hardware (until a certain point of course).

I have the feeling that they will have to go the "put 100 times more of the same stuff in there" route to achieve the WOW factor, which is what i'm seeing happening in a lot of next gen games.

Hmmm... interesting. I wonder how correct you may be. I guess we will have to wait and see.

The footage is also on Gametrailers, but it's splitted into six pieces, anyways it looks really good, I have watched 2/6, the rest will have to wait for half-time on Portugal-Netherlands game...

BTW has it been explained how/why Kratos (God of War) is battling with petty monsters again?

london-boy said:
They'll do wonders with PS3 but somehow i feel that on a SDTV, the jump won't be really amazing. I mean, for a PS2 game, GOW and GOW2 are just way beyond what everyone thought the machine would be capable of, and although i'm sure their PS3 games will be amazing, i'm a bit worried they won't be able to do "that much more" at least at first.

I agree. But I suppose its like anything else with a console cycle. Santa Monica is probably benefitting as much from their own talent and resources as they are the canon of experience studios have accumulated developing for the PS2 over the last 5+ years. By the same token, games fully leveraging Cell/RSX in 4/5 years are going to look equally impressive for antiquated hardware. Perhaps even more so.

(and just to avoid a general pissing contest, yes the same holds true for Xenon etc. etc.)

Back