New dog/dogs?

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Well the last time my wife started talking about something that I just thought was going to be a lot of talking and not much doing I posted it up here and she fooled me and we actually GOT a new car....so I thought I'd try it again with her latest tease....

....she said last night she wanted to go over to the Humane Society and pick up a new friend for Lisa-Beanie this afternoon. 8)

http://www.hscalumet.org/

I'm thinking of taking a quick cruise over there now to see who currently is in stock since I don't think we'll all be going over there together. (Both kids are off school today due to a mini-vacation break, but it sounds like a nightmare to take 'em to the HS!)

I just had to post up about it in an attempt to make it happen... ;)

Ah geez Digi, just tell your kids to behave like normal human beings, and if they don't you just leave 'em caged up at the HS until someone else takes 'em home and housebreaks 'em! :D

Linus.jpg

Get Linux! Get Linux! Get Lin.. errr... Get Linus! Get Linus!

Linus must be getting pretty famous to have dogs named after him... ;)
Is this a normal/common name for a pet?

We have two great kitties, a brother/sister tagteam.

We need to get at least one pup for a companion for our Beanie, we're leaning towards a black lab pup of some kind.

I've always found Dobes to be sweathearts, they're actually very well tempered animals.

It ain't until they chop off their ears and tails that they get mean... :?

Tail and ear chopping is illegal in Sweden since many years now, and that's a good thing too. Dogs have both for a reason, it's only us stupid humans with our stupid ideas who thought it was a good idea to cut 'em off... :?

My parents have their third Dob and all of them were awfully bad tempered. The current one even sunk his teeth into my arm for no reason a few months ago. A Dob needs a VERY strong-arm treatment while growing up, otherwise they all go nutz when they're about one year old.

Noone can enter or god-forbid exit their house now without being severely attacked, he sees it as his territory.

Guden Oden said:
Tail and ear chopping is illegal in Sweden since many years now, and that's a good thing too. Dogs have both for a reason, it's only us stupid humans with our stupid ideas who thought it was a good idea to cut 'em off... :?

Actually with the amount of genetic tinkering that humans have done with the dog species through selective breeding and the articial construction of breeds the idea that dogs have both for a reason is not as compelling as you might think. There are quite sensible reasons for docking to occur. I'd suggest having a chat to a local Kennel Club about the issue as the Swedish decision is a controversial one.

I disagree Banksie, I find cropping an abhorent practice....kind of like circumsisions. It's just a hold over from an older time.

On happier news, here's the new pups coming Tuesday:

Socks2.jpg
Mask2.jpg

Rascal2.jpg

digitalwanderer said:
I disagree Banksie, I find cropping an abhorent practice....kind of like circumsisions. It's just a hold over from an older time.

i understand the issue with the former but what's wrong with the latter? seems to be pretty useful to me....

digitalwanderer said:
Why? It seems barbaric to me.

can't say that I've ever regretted it being done to me... and kinda glad that i dont have to worry about cleaning it...

Aw, Mike is a cutey!

5 months and potty training problems? Hmmm, what method are you currently using?

I usually just do the "contain them in a small, easy to clean area overnight with newspapers down" and let 'em out regularly 'til they get the clue.

One of the reasons we're getting all the puppies now is we want our current dog Beanie to teach 'em the ropes and show 'em what the what is...I think it will be a lot easier to train 'em with an older dog for an example. (It worked with Beanie. We got her when my late-great girl Maggie was about a year and a half old and Maggie got Beanie beat into shape in no time! 8) )

How do your other dogs get along with Mike? And what kind of bad potty behavoir is he exhibitting?

Back