New comfy chair!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Not just a chair, it's a good chair for a change. I'm trying a new pardigm.

21778907i_02.jpg

My last chair was rocking a bit too much, from side to side as well as forward back and it was making some truly scary groany/popping noises. My wife actually suggested I pick up a new one.

Found this one at OfficeMax and sort of fell in love. The construction quality on it is so much higher/better than what I'm used to. The arms are fake leather on WOOD! The caster thingy is WOOD with a steel insert to keep it strong.

And it's comfy; really, really comfy.

Only drawback with it is I prefer black to brown, but I don't really look at it and in my dim computer room I'd be surprised if anyone could tell. :p

More than I wanted to spend, but I got a lot more chair than I thought I would. Feels nice.

Not a bad price either... my current is looking a little ratty, maybe time to get a new one!

This is mine:

ps: you know the way you propel yourself along the floor with your feet while in your chair, its known as Davrosing

I'm not buying another office chair that does not have a back rest that can't pivot at a joint in the back. I've had two different chairs now where it was only possible to adjust the seating angle, but the entire backrest was a fixed unit, and it's damn hard to get good support for my lower back in such a chair.

Anyway, fake leather = teh suck :p

My sister is a vegan, even if it's real leather I call it fake leather just to keep her from lecturing me. ;)

"Chris' new car? Oh, that's pleather Beth...y'know we wouldn't get real leather because of your strong feelings on the subject."

A little lie that goes a long way to smoothing over relationships. :)

Gorgeous chair Davros, dare I say elegant and refined? I couldn't handle it though, I need a back too.

I sort of miss the side to side action in a weird way, and my old chair tilted so bad to the right that this one feels like it's tilting left to me...but I always have to make that adjustment in a new chair.

My sister is a vegan, even if it's real leather I call it fake leather just to keep her from lecturing me. ;)

"Chris' new car? Oh, that's pleather Beth...y'know we wouldn't get real leather because of your strong feelings on the subject."

A little lie that goes a long way to smoothing over relationships. :)

Gorgeous chair Davros, dare I say elegant and refined? I couldn't handle it though, I need a back too.

I LOVE Vegans and animal rights activists. It's always fun to tweak their noses as they almost invariably don't know that something they use daily has animal by products in them. Anything from glue to perfume to some pre-made vegetable products. :D

Regards,
SB

I'm not buying another office chair that does not have a back rest that can't pivot at a joint in the back. I've had two different chairs now where it was only possible to adjust the seating angle, but the entire backrest was a fixed unit, and it's damn hard to get good support for my lower back in such a chair.

Anyway, fake leather = teh suck :p

You sound like you need a Mirra. Truely the overlooked cousin of the Aeron.

I have a really nice chair. I can use it practically anywhere inside and it can seat any number between 1 and about 320 depending on whether we're talking about mates for a rugby game or refugees.
See:

I worked at a couple places that had Aeron chairs for cubicles with Mirra chairs for conference rooms over a 6 year time span. Most people, myself included, would suffer from the lack of proper support around the back of the thighs, causing the chair to cut off circulation resulting in their legs to falling asleep. It wasn't an issue of being overweight at 5'7" and 145 lbs. Aside from that one issue, the chairs were very nice, but not $1200 or $700 nice.

Back