New Cell Phone/Service Needed

lopri

Regular
I'm going to get a new mobile phone and would like some opinions on service quality from different companies. I'm narrowed down to;

1. Verizon
2. T-mobile
3. Sprint

1. Verizon has a huge user base and seems to cover more area.
2. T-mobile has more flexible/less expensive plans and hot-spots all over metro-NYC.
3. Sprint is the company that I've been using for 2 yrs and I haven't had any major complaints.

Could anyone (preferably folks who have experience with more than 1 above mentioned companies) compare them? I'm mostly concerned with the reception quality, coverage area, and possibly price of plans (not the phone itself)

Thanks in advance

Well I'm in new jersey adn I can tell you that you wnat verison if you ever come out here. The only place it doesn't work is my house . Other than that we have yet to find an area that I get no service in . My best friend and fellow wierd new jersey follower (we go all around the state to see the things in the mags ) has at&t which is now part of cingular and the service is much worse than mine , there are alot of bad dead zones even when standing next to the cell tower in ramsy haha

My sister had t mobile till last month as she is now on my plan and that too while better than at&t + cingular still has more dead spots than verisons .

As for sprint well i think that is the worse one but my friend has a phone from the around 98 so it could just be her phone .

For my ventures into the city i've never had problems with verison and my sister who hits up the clubs over there is finding it easy to use and at her campus in pa it works fine too .

I agree with you most of the part. I haven't seen many complaining about Verizon. It would have been an easier decision were it not for the fact that one of my clients is at T-Mobile. He's supposed to offer me some good price by tomorrow.

well.... i would love to help you, but asking croats about T-Com is like... well, lets just say we kinda hate the fuckers....

My dad worked for ATTW/Cingular, from his experience I'll say eh to them. Not bad, but not good, just blah. Sprint I've heard good and bad. My father-in-law uses sprint through his business, but says he wouldn't pay for it by himself. T-Mobile is good if you want the hottest phone or never travel. I have Verizon. They are the most expensive probalby, but they tend to take care of you. I believe they were rated highest in one of the big surveys (but that doesn't mean too much if everyone is crappy... :LOL: ). They also have the best network hands down, so they are the way to go if you live in the middle of nowhere or travel. For example, I drove from VA to St Louis on 64, and anyone who's driven it knows there's about nothing in VA and WV and Kentucky and IL and ID on 64, but I still got good reception.

The only bad thing about Verizon I've experienced personally, is they are big into sucking you in for two years. So must of there prices for their phones are contingent on signing a 2 year contract. I believe other carriers are this way too, but I'm not positive. Hope I helped you out a little.

T-Mobile is good if you want the hottest phone or never travel

That part got me. The above said client offered Motorola V600 for $50 with 1 year contact, and I couldn't resist (such a great piece of hardware). I have never experienced their service, hope it doesn't suck

Thanks for everyone's help!

Back