New? Brothers In Arms video

i think this is from a private e3 showing. the game is going to be nothing great it seems, this is pretty much the only WWII shooter im looking forward to, and pretty much the biggest fps overall i want to play.

im glad they fixed the aiming. :D

I was at a private showing of BIA where they ran through that presentation. 100% realtime gameplay, and they were very clear to say it was the 360 version they were showing... it was quite impressive.

A lot of the detail in the graphics cannot be seen in the shaky-cam video at that link.

this game deserves to be a hit, totally underrated gameplay, it sort of got lost in the shuffle last gen, I can't wait to see what they do next with the AI and destructable environments. Having destructable cover is going to make this game crazy, I wonder if they'll tone down the AI from BIA2, because I could see them seriously messin you up if there was destructable cover in that game.

very impressed with the work that Gearbox is doing. Seems quite the turnaround given their history.

scooby_dooby said:
Yep, I'm pretty sure AI was toned down bigtime in the demo, why do you ask?

Well I know you love this series and it's just cool to see a bootleg video of a series that you love even though you weren't supposed to see it.

It's like if I seen a bootleg video of someone playing Lair. I would pass out.

mckmas8808 said:
Well I know you love this series and it's just cool to see a bootleg video of a series that you love even though you weren't supposed to see it.

It's like if I seen a bootleg video of someone playing Lair. I would pass out.

lol, ya it's cool to see for sure. I would much rather see Mass Effect, or Bioshock though (or Lair) as I've played BIA many times and kinda know what to expect. With that said, the attention to detail is just great in this game, I espeacially like the grenade launcher sequence where he taps the guy on the back of the head when it's ready.

It was cool to see the random AI in action, watch the soldier fall, his buddy is close and pickls him up, that's no scripted at all, very cool. The squad AI also looks very strong, I like what they've done with the chain of command, and the formations looked very realistic.

I kinda wished they had showed off the tactical map, BIA allows you to zoom out, see the entire battlefield, and the enemy soldiers and plan your attack. Maybe it just wasn't ready yet but I'm curious to see what kind of improvement they'll make there as well.

scooby_dooby said:
It was cool to see the random AI in action, watch the soldier fall, his buddy is close and pickls him up, that's no scripted at all, very cool. The squad AI also looks very strong, I like what they've done with the chain of command, and the formations looked very realistic.

Not to stop a fight, but that was one of the things that the KZ video had last year that lots of people seemed to love. And the fact that it's not scripted is what makes it so cool. I laugh a little when it happened.

Back