Need some insight please

Bobbler said:
Out of curiosity, what kind/breed of cats did you guys get?

Just your run of the mill dometsic short hair (tabby and calico). Couldn't find any British short hairs or Russian blues around here, so..... a regular mit (mut?) will do :)

Chalnoth said:
Heh, that's what you're supposed to do with dogs :) Cats typically don't care if they're alone. But still, two is really not significantly more work than one, so it should be good :) Just make damned sure they're spayed/neutered young. If one's male, you do not want to have to deal with him spraying (which some will do their entire lives if you neuter them too late). If one's female, you don't want her getting pregnant (which can happen within 6-8 months).

It's cool, at 5.5 months we take them to the vet and one'll get spayed while the other neutered. Nice thing is we don't have to pay for it, YEA!!!!

Picture%20266_1.jpg

That's Jane on the left and Britches on the right.

They were real skittish at first but they're starting to come around. We've been playing with them and trying not to pet them too much, cause whenever they see a hand come near they kinda wince. We want to earn the trust of them two.

Sounds somewhat like a cat my aunt used to have. Most skittish thing I've ever seen. He would get in peoples' laps once he got used to them, but it would take him like five minutes of incredibly slow movements before he'd finally lie down.

Anyway, yeah, sounds like you've got a good strategy there. Your best bet is to just make sure they trust you. If you do need to discipline them, a good strategy is to make use of a water bottle and give 'em a squirt when, for example, they scratch the furniture or something.

Chalnoth said:
If you do need to discipline them, a good strategy is to make use of a water bottle and give 'em a squirt when, for example, they scratch the furniture or something.

My wife beat you to that one, lol. As soon as she seen dirt on the floor this morning from her plant she said "Darryl, get me a squirt bottle and fill it up....NOW!"

lol

Back