Need help with Creative speaker remote

Bad_Boy

god of war.
Veteran
I've had a Creative Inspire 6.1 (6600) setup for my PC for a while. Working great for years. Today I turn on my speakers and I get no sound coming out of them. Not even the slight hiss when I turn them up all the way. So I check my connections, and everything seems fine. Still no dice on the sound. I doubt I busted them since I never turn them up full blast. I try the headphones through the remote and I get sound just fine. Odd. So maybe its the remote, I start moving it around and my sound comes back for the speakers. But the sound came on and off, very annoying. So I tried putting it in a position to get the sound to stay on. (like those antennas you have to move in the right spot to get your tv signal back) Works but it's pretty ghetto as I'm always moving the remote around.

Anyways, my question is. Is there anyway I can get a replacement remote for my speakers? I realise I have a very old model, so Is it even possible to plug one of the newer model's remotes up to my setup? Appreciate the help.

Update:
The remote now seems completely unresponsive. I cannot turn my speakers on at all, or listen through my headphones. My warranty has been up for a while, But I emailed creative...still waiting on a response. Does anybody know where I can get a replacement?

looks like this...

pultjc8.jpg

*copied and pasted over from [H], couldnt get any help over there.

I have a cousin who has the same model speakers, I could ask him if he's using his still or not and try to get it off him for you, I kinda doubt I'll have any luck or that he even has them anymore though. :(

You might want to get ahold of Creative on this one. Check out some of their product listening and look for the remote as seperate. You might have some luck that way.

I looked over at the Creative page, the only replacement remote I saw did not work with your model of speakers. Sorry, I'll do some digging and see what I can find. You might want to check out ebay, I mean there's tons of odd things on that site.

Good luck!

Thanks for the help Skrying, I really appreciate it. I'm still waiting on an email back from Creative, hopefully they lead me in the right direction. The only remote I saw on the website was wireless and it didnt work with my model of speakers like you said. I tried looking on ebay and no luck either. But I'll stay optimistic, theres gotta be a way. If all else fails I suppose I'll bite the bullet and upgrade my setup.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Well they gave me some crap message about me being beyond warranty, its not like I want them to ship me a new one for free. I just need to find out where I can buy one.
Thank you for contacting Creative Labs regarding your product.

Based upon the age of your product, it appears that you are beyond our
complementary email and telephone support period as outlined below.

And just told me to read their discussion forums. Maybe I'll try that but that was pretty dissapointing.

Back