Need For Speed : Undercover !

Indeed, only one with a bit of realism to it, plus you get to drive the whaletail

Most Wanted was so much better than NFS: Porsche Unleashed. :) Sentiment is clouding your judgement, guys. ;) I enjoyed NFS: Undercover on PAX and it's definitely a buy for me. The only weak part in Undercover was particle simulation (which is odd since ProStreet had excellent particle effects).

Most Wanted was so much better than NFS: Porsche Unleashed. :) Sentiment is clouding your judgement, guys. ;) I enjoyed NFS: Undercover on PAX and it's definitely a buy for me. The only weak part in Undercover was particle simulation (which is odd since ProStreet had excellent particle effects).
It is not clouding my judgement, it's just a fact that it it the best game in the series.
I take it you dont play racing simulations?

Because my world is not black & white. I like both arcade and sim racers. :) What matters to me is how fun the game is. Most Wanted was better than Porshe in that respect (although NFS:pU is a close second). Obviously this is a matter of taste but hey! I wasn't the first one to make some authoritative statements in this thread. ;)

Awesome. But that's still just an opinion, not fact. I think that with a very few exceptions NFS series is composed of really excellent games. Sure, target changed from release to release and not all of them were great for me but there are more gamers than just me out there. :) I know quite a few people who think that Underground in the best in the series. I disagree but I understand their POV.

If you ask me, then NFS:porche Unleashed was actually the best for me too. It really rewarded you for learning the skills, but then we, who thought NFS:pU rocked, were a minority in my college too!
and for me, the second is NFS:MW ! NFS:Underground is very noticeable coz it brought the series back into limelight.

Anyways, I was wondering, the walkthrough video looks great, how come we are not getting any coverage of this title from gaming sites ?!?!!

I took a look at the two videos, and it just looks very similar to MW to me. Not that I'm complaining, MW is my favourite NFS, but I don't see how it's going back to PU in terms of realism or anything like that.

Are you kidding me?

Most Wanted has serious catchup features, which totally sucks. Totally ruins the fun for good drivers, a racing game that does not reward you for being fast is a bad racing game, and sadly with catchup thats exactly whats happening.

It also has ridiculous physics, the fastest lane in real life is not the fastest lane in MW.

No sentimentality clouding my judgement..

The first NFS was the best, and the series has lost it's way since it introduced "laps"

NFS picked up on where Test Drive left off and they've steadily "dumbed it down" ever since to appeal to the masses.

The first was by far the best, Porsche Unleashed had many of the things from the first which made it more appealing but it's still not a patch on the first one as a gaming experience if you ask me.

I have very fond memories of playing the original on the 3DO. That console was mind blowing back in the day, and I've yearned for one ever since. Must get round to picking one up at some point, for the nostalgia trip.

NFS3 and 4 are my favs (primarily cuz I played them with friends at college). I've never seen the series as anything but arcade racing and that's fine with me. But I just didn't like where they went with Underground and later. That sort of street racing is not my thing at all.

I remember trying out the hot new "Road & Track presents The Need for Speed" on my 486 back in the day. That game was very sweet for the time. Pretty SVGA racing like nothing before. Was quite difficult.

I just wondered most pc gamers think that nfs has got worse over the years, - do console gamers think its got better

ps: test drive also got worse, but the latest one is very good imho

No one cares for the Hot Pursuit series? I like Porsche Unleashed too, but Hot Pursuit has always been "where it's at" for me in the NFS franchise.

Back