Nastaaaaay!

It's not a bidet. Read his post again.
No shit, but the idea is the same. The water's not just for washing your hand, it's for washing your ass too. In the west we generally make do with pouring water from a cup or jug, but I got a similar "eeewww" reaction from people when I tell them what the cup next to the toilet is for.

Yes, toilet paper makes it less messy so I've always used it first, but provided that one washes their hands with soap (which I assume is a given), I find it mind boggling that so many of you think washing is more disgusting than merely wiping.

Doesn't it bother you having feces lingering on you after taking a dump? It certainly bugs me when I have no way of washing myself in a public bathroom. Now I know why the term rusty trombone came about.

"Doesn't it bother you having feces lingering on you after taking a dump?" Less on your ass but where does it go? Fingernails. In any case I wipe up to the point my ass bleeds.

"Doesn't it bother you having feces lingering on you after taking a dump?" Less on your ass but where does it go? Fingernails. In any case I wipe up to the point my ass bleeds.
I don't know what you're imagining, but I've never had my fingernails go there. You're not scratching food off a dirty plate here. Moreover, I don't think you want anything as hard as fingernails going there, as Sage can probably attest to.

What do you do in the shower? Avoid that area completely? Boy am I glad they put so much chlorine in swimming pools.

Sorry, I must be in the wrong thread.
This thread isn't about anal masturbation, is it?

I don't know what you're imagining, but I've never had my fingernails go there. You're not scratching food off a dirty plate here. Moreover, I don't think you want anything as hard as fingernails going there, as Sage can probably attest to.

What do you do in the shower? Avoid that area completely? Boy am I glad they put so much chlorine in swimming pools.

This thread is an amusing demonstration of what a cultural clash is.

On one hand, folks, belonging to what we refer to as the western culture, think that it's absolutely gross to clean your private chocolate factory with water, because that would imply that you'd have a contact with your bum, and all the wonderous things it produces, while on the other hand, the folks from the eastern culture are, at their turn, disgusted by the idea of just spreading doodoo butter with a piece of paper over one's rear, letting all what's left, of this fly's lavish buffet, drying down there.

In any case, it's always funny to see folks react more than what they try to understand the reasons behind such cultural differences. Althought, I understand that not everybody feels like playing the ethnologist on everything they hear and see about culture others than their. But one should try, at least.

And, yes, all the puns in that reply were intended.

From my understanding most people use a rag in the shower.

From my understanding most people use a rag in the shower.
Most people? Rags are far from the norm, especially one used exclusively for your asscrack. From what I've seen in various gyms, common shower areas (pools, dorms), movies, and even just by looking at the bathtub of wherever I'm at, I can confidently say "most" is a gross overstatement.

This thread is an amusing demonstration of what a cultural clash is.
Yes, it is amusing, but it's also insulting how people are automatically assuming the worst. triniboy thinks one must use either toilet paper or your hand, thinks soap is optional specifically in India, and K.I.L.E.R thinks one uses fingernails.

How about a little common sense? This is the sort of thing which spawns nasty stereotypes.

Most people? Rags are far from the norm, especially one used exclusively for your asscrack. From what I've seen in various gyms, common shower areas (pools, dorms), movies, and even just by looking at the bathtub of wherever I'm at, I can confidently say "most" is a gross overstatement.

Cool, now could you say that again and not be an asshat?

I'm sorry, what? How was I being an asshat?

Apologies if you thought I was attacking you, but I was just pointing out that even in Western countries most people do make contact with their asscrack to clean it, whether they realize it or not. I assume they do clean it...

I'm sorry, what? How was I being an asshat?

Apologies if you thought I was attacking you, but I was just pointing out that even in Western countries most people do make contact with their asscrack to clean it, whether they realize it or not. I assume they do clean it...

All your comments in this thread have been either in a pure aggressive (you've insulted a number of people already) or in a passive aggressive tone, which how you came across in your statement to me. I understand how you might have been a little offended but I strongly believe no one was aiming for that and it really is simply a cultural clash and should be looked at in slight humor. There really was no need for you to go and assault people.

All your comments in this thread have been either in a pure aggressive (you've insulted a number of people already) or in a passive aggressive tone, which how you came across in your statement to me. I understand how you might have been a little offended but I strongly believe no one was aiming for that and it really is simply a cultural clash and should be looked at in slight humor. There really was no need for you to go and assault people.
It's a bit hard to see the humor in some of the ignorant / condescending posts in this thread.

Nice reference there Joe.

So different parts of the world use different methods for cleaning one's ass after taking a dump. I use toilet paper myself because it's what I've been brought up to use and what I now feel comfortable doing. I take showers on a regular basis so I don't feel that it is imperativefor me to wash my ass every time I take a crap. If I didn't shower for like a week on end then I might be a little concerned.

Maybe the next great invention will be toilet paper with soap in it!

All your comments in this thread have been either in a pure aggressive (you've insulted a number of people already) or in a passive aggressive tone, which how you came across in your statement to me.
Fine, but I do not think it was unwarranted. First, look at the title. Second, triniboy made some pretty stupid assertions/conclusions, as did K.I.L.E.R. Third, even though nobody brought it up here, the dirty/stinky Indian stereotype contributed to my reaction, so forgive me for thinking it was implied in a thread that pretty much described Indians as shit-handlers.

I'll admit "dirty white boys" was out of line, but I've heard the line in humorous pop-culture (e.g. Chris Tucker) and thought it was fitting due to the hypocrisy. It's probably where the phrase came from in the first place, as most Caucasians societies think they're cleaner than other cultures (which, on the whole, is possibly justifiable).

Well here it's called wet toilet paper. I think it's great. :)
Heh, that's exactly what I try to do in a public bathroom. Soak some toilet paper or paper towels and bring it with me as a compromise. Better than dry cleaning. ;)

I take a shit once a day, and its when I wake up. After I poo its off to the shower with me. But regardless of situation I would never clean my arse with the water coming out of an Indian toilet.

There are much worse situations you know; in parts of North India, you turn the tap and find *ICE* coming out of the tap. With absolutely no toilet paper around, what do you suppose you will do? It happens a lot in North India where its very cold.

Anyway, using water is not unhygienic as such, and I would agree that wet toilet paper is the best solution. Water cleans the arse better. And the squat toilet is still popular in India, and frankly I prefer it a bit. Its good for the leg muscles and offers a lot of space.

And the showerhead's both for cleaning your hands and your arse.

Back