Naruto PS3 Project, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (cel-shaded fighters from Bandai Namco)

Yes but if you go more complex than basicly just breaking a hold or what have you like in resistance wont you run the risk of it not being repeatable ? IF you need to mvoe the controller down , right and foward while also performing a combination with the buttons things could get very crazy. Of course if a shake of the controller has you do a ninjitsu where you cloen yourself but two shakes has you pull a rasangan wont it be problemmatic when its not reconized right and moves don't get pulled off.

Basicly will the problems that plagued lair be fixed in other games that try and use it for more than just a break free device

Yes but if you go more complex than basicly just breaking a hold or what have you like in resistance wont you run the risk of it not being repeatable ? IF you need to mvoe the controller down , right and foward while also performing a combination with the buttons things could get very crazy. Of course if a shake of the controller has you do a ninjitsu where you cloen yourself but two shakes has you pull a rasangan wont it be problemmatic when its not reconized right and moves don't get pulled off.

Basicly will the problems that plagued lair be fixed in other games that try and use it for more than just a break free device

First of all, we're talking about QTE's where the player is free from reactionary actions. Not using the motion to do things in addition to moves while fighting.

Second, the problem with Lair was not the controller or it's sensitivity or accuracy. It was poor implementation of complex gestures. flOw, Resistance, Folklore, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Pixel Junk Eden, and Warhawk are all prime examples of games that show exactly how accurate the Sixaxis can be.

Just saying, a lot of you are really selling the sixaxis functionality short. You need to view it as a complimentary control system, not a primary.

Ah well you lost me there as I believe that QTE have ruined gaming. I rather not have them in.

Second, the problem with Lair was not the controller or it's sensitivity or accuracy. It was poor implementation of complex gestures. flOw, Resistance, Folklore, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Pixel Junk Eden, and Warhawk are all prime examples of games that show exactly how accurate the Sixaxis can be.
I've only plaid Resistance out of the new ones you listed here, however i wouldn't say that it shows a prime example of how accurate the six axis can be. Basicly you let an alien get t oclose to you and you shake your controller like hell to knock him off. its the same as what happened in resident evil but you use a shaking motion instead of bashing buttons. If thats the benfit of six axis then no thanks. I also think if thats the benfit or prime example of it then its not I that is selling it short but you that are selling it to much. Now perhaps some of your other examples give a better idea , but resistance isn't one of them

Play Folklore to open your eyes to your own multitasking capability :)

SIXAXIS can be fun when applied correctly, especially if the game has QTE.

Lair's controls feel natural to me, more so than Warhawk's. I can ride a dragon more naturally than pilot a plane. Unfortunately, some of the later levels are not well tested.

EDIT:

I've only plaid Resistance out of the new ones you listed here, however i wouldn't say that it shows a prime example of how accurate the six axis can be. Basicly you let an alien get t oclose to you and you shake your controller like hell to knock him off. its the same as what happened in resident evil but you use a shaking motion instead of bashing buttons. If thats the benfit of six axis then no thanks. I also think if thats the benfit or prime example of it then its not I that is selling it short but you that are selling it to much. Now perhaps some of your other examples give a better idea , but resistance isn't one of them

I agree that there are better examples than R1 for SIXAXIS use. Only one clarification: R1 has more than one SIXAXIS moves. Others include extinguishing fire, dropping arc charger and bulleye tags.

I agree that there are better examples to R1 for SIXAXIS use. Only one clarification: R1 has more than one SIXAXIS moves. Others include extinguishing fire, dropping arc charger and bulleye tags.
none of which add anything really to gameplay. They could have all been done with button presses and i wouldn't feel like i lost anything in the game play.

SIXAXIS can be fun when applied correctly, especially if the game has QTE.

Lair's controls feel natural to me, more so than Warhawk's. I can ride a dragon more naturally than pilot a plane. Unfortunately, some of the later levels are not well tested.

Not a fan of QTE i rather they not be in a game , ruined GOd of war for me and I hate that they are in the new star wars game.

Play Folklore to open your eyes to your own multitasking capability

I normaly have my other tv on with the news , a pod cast playing on my 360 and talking on aim while playing my xbox 360 , i can multi task well . I just think games are already to complex , i don't need to add more complexity to them.

Look this isn't just the six axis I doubt , after playing zelda twp I feel the same way with the wii. I had to use the remote over and over again and would miss doing his spin attack almost at least once every 10 trys . It was annoying and I decided to play it with the gamecube controller. I don't want motion control just for the sake of motion control. I really like the wii balance games with the wii fit , but I don't want to have get to a point in say Splinter cell where I have to use the wii balance board to walk a tight rope across to another building. It doesn't add much fun to the game.

Though my fat backside could use a fable type game with the wii fit board that requires me to walk to move the character.... i'd hate it but hey i'd get in a shape other than round

Ah well you lost me there as I believe that QTE have ruined gaming. I rather not have them in.

So you never played Resistance MP, tilting the controller to the left / right to bring up the map or score board? Because that was a hell of a lot easier than stopping and pressing the start / select button to bring up a menu. Just tilt to the left while running, check the map really quick, and tilt it back.

Again, it seems like you are just jumping to conclusions with sixaxis usage with very little knowledge of how it actually works, especially since it seems you've played very few PS3 games.

Yes but if you go more complex than basicly just breaking a hold or what have you like in resistance wont you run the risk of it not being repeatable ? ...etc...
You're talking about something way more complex than would be needed to be useful. I've seen plenty of people playing action games who throw the controller around a bit in response to action on screen. All you'd need is a dodge function mapped to the controller motion and keys if you want, so those natural, intuitive, subconscious guestures are translated into desired effects. A shake of the control when the enemy has you grabbed means 'get rid of them'. A lift when the enemy is rushing towards you means 'dodge out the way'. Filtering out deliberate wild shaking would elliminate people 'expoliting the system, and using the existing normal gameplay mechanics of buttons and sticks takes nothing away from the normal game.

Even in a full-on hardcore fighter, a tilt back or forwards to shift upper body seems to me like it'd be a useful addition. I think a lot of those who would say motion is useless jsut lack imagination! Or else the motion detection really is rubbish - but existing games suggest otherwise.

I couldn't agree more. Now from what I've seen in games (LocoRoco is a good test-bed for a number of motion control features showing what kind of control and response speeds are possible a little more clearly than other games because they are relatively visual and isolated), generally the accellerometer isn't accurate / responsive enough for precision. That doesn't mean it is useless - there are plenty of situations that don't require precision timing or even 100 precision (as the Wii shows amply ;) ).

However, the tilt sensors are very precise indeed. And as Shifty says, and I've said countless of times, is more than good enough for things like fighting games in my opinion. I'd love to use it for stuff like upper body / stance control. Think of what the boxer in Tekken 5 can do with what are normally the kick buttons (duck/dodge, lean forward, lean backward, etc.) Tilting would be perfect for this and there is really little reason not to give this to all fighters. Same for boxing games but imho even fps games - run in one direction, but be able to duck while running or turn your upper body to the left to strafe.

It really is either a lack of imagination, or the lack of wanting to do extra work for multi-platform stuff, I think. Well and of course it would increase some demand on animation technology - you'd need Uncharted style animations to take into account the different leaning. That may even be one of the bigger stumbling blocks at this point in time in practice. But it should definitely be possible, and I think it would be awesome.

none of which add anything really to gameplay. They could have all been done with button presses and i wouldn't feel like i lost anything in the game play.

I don't think so. How many buttons does your controller have ? It certainly adds to the gameplay because if you don't extinguish the engulfing fire, you lose health. I have also successfully dropped tags before to save myself in a heated battle although I must admit it's a difficult deed. They all add depth to the game because you can always try to do something to counter the current dire situation in R1.

Not a fan of QTE i rather they not be in a game , ruined GOd of war for me and I hate that they are in the new star wars game.

I am neutral to QTE. Some are done well. Some are not. QTEs are not related to SIXAXIS per se.

I normaly have my other tv on with the news , a pod cast playing on my 360 and talking on aim while playing my xbox 360 , i can multi task well . I just think games are already to complex , i don't need to add more complexity to them.

Alas, they are ! But it doesn't mean that SIXAXIS cannot be fun... or SIXAXIS must be complex. In fact, it can simplify gaming by minimizing button presses/combos (see your example above), or incorporate more natural movement into the game (e.g., PSN Bowling). Folklore's tug-O-war is amazing because I can do 2 things at the same time (melee spirits and steal their soul) and yet they feel so natural and well put-together.

Look this isn't just the six axis I doubt , after playing zelda twp I feel the same way with the wii. I had to use the remote over and over again and would miss doing his spin attack almost at least once every 10 trys . It was annoying and I decided to play it with the gamecube controller. I don't want motion control just for the sake of motion control. I really like the wii balance games with the wii fit , but I don't want to have get to a point in say Splinter cell where I have to use the wii balance board to walk a tight rope across to another building. It doesn't add much fun to the game.

People have enjoyed Folklore, Bowling, flOw, SIXAXIS mini-games in R&C, etc.
I think it is pointless to bring up unsuitable SIXAXIS implementations to put down the technology. In fact, Wii proved that more people in the world can enjoy gaming with motion control. The Splinter Cell example you cited is fictitious. We will see more and better examples as developers learn how to use motion control in games.

EDIT: If you're including Wii, then you should not forget Playstation Eye games too !! ^_^

So you never played Resistance MP, tilting the controller to the left / right to bring up the map or score board? Because that was a hell of a lot easier than stopping and pressing the start / select button to bring up a menu. Just tilt to the left while running, check the map really quick, and tilt it back.

Again, it seems like you are just jumping to conclusions with sixaxis usage with very little knowledge of how it actually works, especially since it seems you've played very few PS3 games.

Yes alot easier when you were tired and tilted your hands or relaxed them in your lap and the map came up while you were fighting.

You're talking about something way more complex than would be needed to be useful. I've seen plenty of people playing action games who throw the controller around a bit in response to action on screen. All you'd need is a dodge function mapped to the controller motion and keys if you want, so those natural, intuitive, subconscious guestures are translated into desired effects. A shake of the control when the enemy has you grabbed means 'get rid of them'. A lift when the enemy is rushing towards you means 'dodge out the way'. Filtering out deliberate wild shaking would elliminate people 'expoliting the system, and using the existing normal gameplay mechanics of buttons and sticks takes nothing away from the normal game.

And what happens when those reactions aren't something you want translated into the game. What happens when I switch my postion on the screen and raise the controller up closer to my chest and then down towards my lap. Will that suddenly make my character do a jump or a dodge while i'm trying to pull off an 8 button combo ?

Even in a full-on hardcore fighter, a tilt back or forwards to shift upper body seems to me like it'd be a useful addition. I think a lot of those who would say motion is useless jsut lack imagination! Or else the motion detection really is rubbish - but existing games suggest otherwise.
Useless ? No , however jsut being added for the sake of adding something is a problem. I'm sure you an do amazing things with a motion controlled game, but it has to be the plan from the start and currently i think todays motion controls just lack the ablity to perform complex functions and if they are limited to shaking an oponent off you or pulling up a map they are just useless and gimicks .

don't think so. How many buttons does your controller have ? It certainly adds to the gameplay because if you don't extinguish the engulfing fire, you lose health. I have also successfully dropped tags before to save myself in a heated battle although I must admit it's a difficult deed. They all add depth to the game because you can always try to do something to counter the current dire situation in R1.
why couldn't i just acomplish the same thing in resistance but with buttons. After all I change my weapons with button presses.

I am neutral to QTE. Some are done well. Some are not. QTEs are not related to SIXAXIS per se.
I was just responding to the person who brought it up. QTE break the flow of action imo .

Alas, they are ! But it doesn't mean that SIXAXIS cannot be fun... or SIXAXIS must be complex. In fact, it can simplify gaming by minimizing button presses/combos (see your example above), or incorporate more natural movement into the game (e.g., PSN Bowling). Folklore's tug-O-war is amazing because I can do 2 things at the same time (melee spirits and steal their soul) and yet they feel so natural and well put-together.
and yet there are a dozen other things where its not suited for and sucks.

People have enjoyed Folklore, Bowling, flOw, SIXAXIS mini-games in R&C, etc.
I think it is pointless to bring up unsuitable SIXAXIS implementations to put down the technology. In fact, Wii proved that more people in the world can enjoy gaming with motion control. The Splinter Cell example you cited is fictitious. We will see more and better examples as developers learn how to use motion control in games.

people enjoyed ET for the atari , that doesn't mean the whole industry shoudl follow the trend. I'm not putting down the tech , I'm agreeing with a developer who has created games and feels that it has no place in his game. I feel it has no palce in the games I want to play. For mini games or PSN games fine , I don't care , but in hardcore games I don't want to have to deal with thigns that can negatively affect my play style. I don't know much about folklore but you bring up all mini games for the rest of your examples of what people have enjoyed. I agree keep them to psn games and arcade games . Keep them out of big games. Six axis control doesn't need to be added just for the sake of adding it and saying look what we have.

its the same thing with single player games adding worthless multiplayer modes just to add a selling point.

EDIT: If you're including Wii, then you should not forget Playstation Eye games too !! ^_^

Dont' get me started

Oh and so you don't think i'm just bashing for no reason. A good way to use six axis would be to activate a video capture mode while playing. That way you can just move the controller a certian way and it will instantly start filmiing or recording the information like halo 3. That way it wont break gameplay or it wont screw up your gaming if it fails to work or works when its not supposed too .

Yes alot easier when you were tired and tilted your hands or relaxed them in your lap and the map came up while you were fighting.

Right, so you haven't played it. It takes a very distinct "flick" of the controller to bring up the menu / map. It doesn't happen when you are just lying down by chance.

This to me says you haven't played any decent motion-enabled games. Getting tired and dropping the controller down causing a fault is no different to getting tired in tennis, letting the racquet drop, and then missing a return - you don't do it! In a motion-enabled game, you use the motion and manage yourself to use it. I don't believe anyone playing an intense, reaction-sensitive fighter is going to be that limp in the wrist! Warhawk has very nice flight controls mapped to the motion, once you get used to it. I never accidentally relax my hands and go into a nose-dive. Neither do I suffer from arm-ache playing a lot of it. I hold the control as I have done DS2 and DS1 before that, and Sega gamepads before those, above the lap. I shift my position around without losing all control/. This isn't such a tough skill. Have you never walked around the house and with a cup of tea/coffee and managed to not spill any even when you sit down?

A lot of your complaints are valid if games did things that way, and there are examples of motion-control that are pants, but that doesn't lead to the conclusion that all motion control is no good for action games. Indeed the existence of games that do it right prove quite the opposite! The system itself is not flawed by nature, only by implementation.

why couldn't i just acomplish the same thing in resistance but with buttons. After all I change my weapons with button presses.

I'd rather reserve the most common button presses for common things like weapon selection, sprint, zoom, and more. Making these extended moves into SIXAXIS gestures make a cleaner and more optimized button layout.

I was just responding to the person who brought it up. QTE break the flow of action imo .

Or rather it is designed to change the flow of the current sequence.

and yet there are a dozen other things where its not suited for and sucks.

Same comment applies to button presses and everything else in life.

people enjoyed ET for the atari , that doesn't mean the whole industry shoudl follow the trend. I'm not putting down the tech , I'm agreeing with a developer who has created games and feels that it has no place in his game. I feel it has no palce in the games I want to play.

OTOH, GTA did spur more open-world games. People learn from success stories and extend them.

All the developer conveyed was his personal and professional opinion for his game. There are counter examples by fellow developers that proved SIXAXIS can be useful and/or fun. Given another developer or may be more time, he/she may be able to incorporate SIXAXIS successfully into Naruto.

I will respect both developers' creations but at the same time, we will most certainly see more motion control innovations.

For mini games or PSN games fine , I don't care , but in hardcore games I don't want to have to deal with thigns that can negatively affect my play style. I don't know much about folklore but you bring up all mini games for the rest of your examples of what people have enjoyed. I agree keep them to psn games and arcade games . Keep them out of big games. Six axis control doesn't need to be added just for the sake of adding it and saying look what we have.

You are missing the point. R&C's mini-games are very well-weaved into the main game flow. They are all fun. There is zero reason why you must separate them out into standalone titles if they can work well together. Have you played R&C ? IMHO. Your SIXAXIS comment will always be lacking if you did not experience enough SIXAXIS implementations.

its the same thing with single player games adding worthless multiplayer modes just to add a selling point.

Yes, like adding worthless trophies to single player games ? That doesn't mean someone else can't add a good trophy or a better MP idea to the same SP game right ?

Dont' get me started

Do you have Eye of Judgement ?

Oh and so you don't think i'm just bashing for no reason. A good way to use six axis would be to activate a video capture mode while playing. That way you can just move the controller a certian way and it will instantly start filmiing or recording the information like halo 3. That way it wont break gameplay or it wont screw up your gaming if it fails to work or works when its not supposed too .

Sure you are talking about gestures, but that's only one small way to realize its advantages. Remember Wiimote invigored Nintendo and the entire casual gaming market. It can be much much more than just a supplementary control.

Until you have sufficient and real experiences playing with SIXAXIS, it's hard to come up with a good intuition about it.

Right, so you haven't played it. It takes a very distinct "flick" of the controller to bring up the menu / map. It doesn't happen when you are just lying down by chance.

Yes I have played it thank you very much. Its one of the few games I actually own for my ps3. I have also played multiplayer a few times. I'd had it go off on me to map mode twice. I move my hands around alot while playing , its allways been a natural thing for me.

Shifty I play games laying in bed. I don't see how having motion control mandatory in a game a good thing. Most times I put sleep on my tv and start playing a game. When the tv shuts off I pause the game and go to bed.

I'd rather reserve the most common button presses for common things like weapon selection, sprint, zoom, and more. Making these extended moves into SIXAXIS gestures make a cleaner and more optimized button layout.
So you couldn't add a fire extinguisher to the weapon select screen thus perserving everyhing ?

Or rather it is designed to change the flow of the current sequence.

Yup that sequence in god of war for the psp where you had to keep tapping a button to knock your kid off you for about 5 minutes was such a great change of pace , thank god they added that. It really added to the games immersion and was not a gimmick at all.:rolleyes:

OTOH, GTA did spur more open-world games. People learn from success stories and extend them.

I'm sorry , GTA was not the first open world game , there were games way before it that spured more open world games. I've been playing them for a long time on my pc and games like shenmue (damn the qtes) beat it to the punch. However long before a six acess controller or the wii remote there were many other devices that came out and quickly disapeared , u force , power glove , activator , power pad , eye toy and others.

All the developer conveyed was his personal and professional opinion for his game. There are counter examples by fellow developers that proved SIXAXIS can be useful and/or fun. Given another developer or may be more time, he/she may be able to incorporate SIXAXIS successfully into Naruto.

Fun is a subjective term and shouldn't be used in this. Usefull is also another subjective term. The lair developers insited that motion control was useful and that it was needed to make the game control well .... I can make thep oint that lair had to support the sixaxis for the sake of the six axis controller existing and that is the downfall of the game and what made it not fun for many.

You are missing the point. R&C's mini-games are very well-weaved into the main game flow. They are all fun. There is zero reason why you must separate them out into standalone titles if they can work well together. Have you played R&C ? IMHO. Your SIXAXIS comment will always be lacking if you did not experience enough SIXAXIS implementations.

Not much of it i'm affraid . However I dislike any disruption in game play. In bioshock I hated the hackin mini games and i'm sure i would hate the Rc ones also. Do you have any other examples of motion control intergrated well into a game that is both fu n and easy to work along with working the majority of the time its called into action.

Yes, like adding worthless trophies to single player games ? That doesn't mean someone else can't add a good trophy or a better MP idea to the same SP game right ?
Trophies or gamer points will allways be worthless to me and i'd rather them take the time to design somethign else for inside of teh game. Some games are simply better for single player than multiplayer. Not every game has to have multiplayer and not every game should have six axis control thrown onto it .

Do you have Eye of Judgement ?

Yup its a pain in the ass , I had to change my lights to play it and i allways have trouble with it not reading certian games.

Sure you are talking about gestures, but that's only one small way to realize its advantages. Remember Wiimote invigored Nintendo and the entire casual gaming market. It can be much much more than just a supplementary control.

Until you have sufficient and real experiences playing with SIXAXIS, it's hard to come up with a good intuition about it.

But i'm not a casual gamer and I have no interst in playing wii sports. I don't want resistance or naruto to turn into wii naruto .

Shifty I play games laying in bed. I don't see how having motion control mandatory in a game a good thing. Most times I put sleep on my tv and start playing a game. When the tv shuts off I pause the game and go to bed.
1) Who says it has to be a mandatory control scheme? Motion additions to character control can be optional. Your VF5 character plays exactly the same with motion disabled, but with it enabled you get the added dodge/posturing.

2) Why should every game be designed to accomodate the few people who'll play while lying down? ;) If it'll make the whole experience better for the vast majority of players, shouldn't it go in? IF motion control in FIFA for shimmies was preferred by 9/10 players, shouldn't it go in, at least as an option.

Remember the argument isn't the replacement of traditional schemes with motion control. It's whether motion can positively contribute to game control, either making it more intuitive, or adding another dimension to the game, etc. even if it's just adding a subtle camera adjust to look ahead/behind. It's the wholehearted branding of all motion-control as useless that I'm arguing against.

So you couldn't add a fire extinguisher to the weapon select screen thus perserving everyhing ?

...and get shot at with no weapon to counter/defend while extinguishing the fire ? No thanks. The SIXAXIS way is much better hands down, plus the weapon layout remains optimized.

Yup that sequence in god of war for the psp where you had to keep tapping a button to knock your kid off you for about 5 minutes was such a great change of pace , thank god they added that. It really added to the games immersion and was not a gimmick at all.:rolleyes:

As usual, there are good and bad implementations. Highlighting a bad one doesn't prove or disprove anything. I like the one in Heavenly Sword. Heavy Rain has a variant which I'd like to try. We'll just have to see whether the UNS developer is good at designing QTE games. In general, the rhythm/music games are very similar to QTEs too.

I'm sorry , GTA was not the first open world game , there were games way before it that spured more open world games. I've been playing them for a long time on my pc and games like shenmue (damn the qtes) beat it to the punch. However long before a six acess controller or the wii remote there were many other devices that came out and quickly disapeared , u force , power glove , activator , power pad , eye toy and others.

It doesn't have to be the first though ? GTA popularized open world game just like Halo popularized FPS, or Windows popularized mouse interface to PC users. None of them invented the concept. Nintendo certainly did not invent motion control. Previous failed attempts contributed to the success (by showing what won't work). I can't see what your point was.

Fun is a subjective term and shouldn't be used in this. Usefull is also another subjective term. The lair developers insited that motion control was useful and that it was needed to make the game control well .... I can make thep oint that lair had to support the sixaxis for the sake of the six axis controller existing and that is the downfall of the game and what made it not fun for many.

Again. Highlighting a failed instance does not prove or disprove anything. Nonetheless, one can design useful and fun activities with motion control such as SIXAXIS, Wii and Playstation Eye/EyeToy. The objective measurement would be their sales records.

Not much of it i'm affraid . However I dislike any disruption in game play. In bioshock I hated the hackin mini games and i'm sure i would hate the Rc ones also. Do you have any other examples of motion control intergrated well into a game that is both fu n and easy to work along with working the majority of the time its called into action.

The examples have already been cited a few times. WiiSports ? High Velocity Bowling ? Folklore ? Since you have not tried R&C's Decryptor, gliding, rock busting, I'll just ignore your comments on their gameplay (They are far from disrupting).

Trophies or gamer points will allways be worthless to me and i'd rather them take the time to design somethign else for inside of teh game. Some games are simply better for single player than multiplayer. Not every game has to have multiplayer and not every game should have six axis control thrown onto it .

And yet, many fellow gamers cherish trophies/achievements (I usually ignore them). You would have to agree: http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1196141&postcount=422

Not every game has to have multiplayer/trophies/motion control, yes. But if developer A could not include MP/trophies/motion control in his game, it does not mean developer B could not. It also does not mean MP/trophies/motion control is broken in the general case.

Yup its a pain in the ass , I had to change my lights to play it and i allways have trouble with it not reading certian games.

That's too bad. Have you ever completed a session ? It is an addictive game.

But i'm not a casual gamer and I have no interst in playing wii sports. I don't want resistance or naruto to turn into wii naruto .

Over-reacting. R1 uses SIXAXIS and is not a casual title. Folklore is an old-school action adventure game. Also not a casual title. R&C and High Velocity Bowling have broader appeal but generally are suitable for core gamers too.

The point is: SIXAXIS (or motion control) can enhance a game when used correctly. In some games, it is even the main theme.

The point is: SIXAXIS (or motion control) can enhance a game when used correctly. In some games, it is even the main theme.

Can it enhance every sort of game, though? I'm one of those who wouldn't like to see sixaxis in a fighting game. I just can't see what sort of benefit it'd bring over button presses. Being vaguely more similar to the action being performed on-screen doesn't seem to be enough justification.

Can it enhance every sort of game, though? I'm one of those who wouldn't like to see sixaxis in a fighting game. I just can't see what sort of benefit it'd bring over button presses. Being vaguely more similar to the action being performed on-screen doesn't seem to be enough justification.

I have no idea, probably not.

If you have played Folklore (Try the demo), you can decide for yourself if something like that suits you. In any case, there are QTEs in Ultimate Ninja Storm, so pace/speed should not be a showstopper. UNS is an action adventure game, there are opportunities for sidequests and mini-games to go with it.

If you have played Folklore (Try the demo),

I have. It works okay, though again, I don't really see the benefit over a button.

you can decide for yourself if something like that suits you. In any case, there are QTEs in Ultimate Ninja Storm, so pace/speed should not be a showstopper. UNS is an action adventure game, there are opportunities for sidequests and mini-games to go with it.

Isn't it mainly a fighting game? Not an exacting one like SF or SC, but still a fighting game. And what you seem to be describing is the dreaded 'waggle'.

I have. It works okay, though again, I don't really see the benefit over a button.

The difference is stark over here. A casual friend saw me played and joined in. We had lot's of fun because of the physical "tug". If it's just button presses, he'd continue to sleep on the couch (because he was tired after a day's work) while I played quietly.

Isn't it mainly a fighting game? Not an exacting one like SF or SC, but still a fighting game. And what you seem to be describing is the dreaded 'waggle'.

There are 100 missions in the game, fighting is probably sprinkled throughout the story and exploration.

Back