Naruto PS3 Project, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (cel-shaded fighters from Bandai Namco)

oh god the voice acting , is that the same in the English dubs ? Crap thank god i watch the japanese subtitled.

This does have theo ption for that correct ?

oh god the voice acting , is that the same in the English dubs ?

Yes, they are. At least from what they've shown. Could be a mix of the real (English) voice actors for a few key scenes/characters, with atrocious impostors of the real voice actors for everything else like Rise of a Ninja was (which would be a double whammy for someone like you as its atrocious impostors of what you consider atrocious voice actors :p).

I like the English voices, btw, I find them quite comical and entertaining. :D

I am wondering how much in the way of liberties they're going to take in regards to the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Rise of the ninja after the update that allowed for japanese voices :) intercepted it at a gamestop for $10 2 months after it came out .

I will most likely do the same with this one and the new xbox one. Way to many games to buy all at once.

The producer of the forthcoming Naruto PS3 exclusive Ultimate Ninja Storm has stated that SIXAXIS control is USELESS and the team will not support trophies. That's settled then - game over.

quote:

Sixaxis tilt control is “useless,” according to the producer of forthcoming PS3 Naruto exclusive, Ultimate Ninja Storm.

Speaking to GAMER at last week’s Games Convention, producer Hitoshi Matsuyama confirmed that Ultimate Ninja Storm won’t support Trophies, before nonchalantly dismissing Sony’s motion sensing control system.

“We’re not supporting Trophies,” Matsuyama said through his translator.

“And before you ask, we’re not supporting Sixaxis. It’s useless,” he added.

Youch . I agree about sixaxis , i don't get why they didn't just put in trophies , its not a hard thing to do i'd think

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=30963

and

http://gamer.tm/news.php?id=2905

He then proceeded to wave the controller about in a jocular manner, to highlight the unsuitability of motion sensing control for the game.

“And before you ask, we’re not supporting Sixaxis. It’s useless,” he added.

That could've been pulled out of proportion. I'm fairly certain SIXAXIS is friggin' useless in a fighter in any case, but it's definitely useful in some games - R&C jump to mind.

Why's it useless in a fighter? I'd have thought reactionary dodges based on little hand movements would be very good.

I disagree. Rub-a-dub shows jumping, a jerk reaction, is responsive enough to be useable as a motion yet not too sensitive to cause jumps when not intended. Warhawk is also very subtle in flight. It doesn't strike me as difficult to filter out low level motions and only respond to a large shift in motion as a reactionary dodge reaction from the player.

Yes. But you miss the point. Fighting games are about miliseconds. Seriously.

Not only that but while shaking the controller it may be hard to pull off other moves. I know some combos are hard enough while holding the controller still.

I don't think it is necessary so.

Ultimate Ninja Storm is an action adventure game. Fighting is only one (though major) aspect of the game. Given the right aspiration and time, the developers can probably have a SIXAXIS mini-game inside just like R&C did successfully.

Clearly from the interview, the dev decided to focus solely on the character combat (combo and stuff), plus the hundred missions. These form the core of the game and we should expect a fair amount of breadth and depth there. As far as I can tell, the character models are also identical to the manga, which is what I like best about the game so far.

SIXAXIS will only be fun if the developers have the right idea (See Folklore, PSN Bowling, flOw, ...). It is pointless to force it down their throat if they want to make a different game, or are pressed for time. The "useless" comment says more about the developer's mindset rather than the technology itself.

As for trophies, I think they probably progressed too far to incorporate it. It's not an important feature for me at all. The 100 missions should provide ample replayability anyway. I think the game will shape up just fine, looking forward to see this (I followed the manga, never liked the anime for some reason; the game will be a good substitute for the animated experience)

Yes. But you miss the point. Fighting games are about miliseconds. Seriously.

In a fighting game like VF5, SC IV, Tekken...yes.

Naruto? There are way too many instances where you're left with button mashing to win out or some QTE's during boss fights, etc. Don't forget what type of game this is.

It would have been awesome to have a QTE that showed their hands, and you have to tilt the controller in different directions to initiate the different hand signs to cast a Jutsu during boss fights (the big ones). If you didn't like it, turn it off and it's replaced with d-pad button presses.

As for trophies, I think they probably progressed too far to incorporate it. It's not an important feature for me at all. The 100 missions should provide ample replayability anyway. I think the game will shape up just fine, looking forward to see this (I followed the manga, never liked the anime for some reason; the game will be a good substitute for the animated experience)

I disagree, I think it neglects a large portion of their target audience whom for some/many would be going for their first trophies and would care greatly about this.

In general, I've seen this kind of attitude from many devs now who act as if this is some kind of unreasonable request from Sony instead of what their potential customers (ps3 gamers) want.

What Sony wants is probably Home integration. Trophies will only allow them parity with the XBL platform.

If Ultimate Ninja Storm does not do well, then perhaps they will patch the game to see if trophies are important for PS3 gamers (instead of a Sony agenda). Personally, I don't care either way ^_^

Naruto? There are way too many instances where you're left with button mashing to win out or some QTE's during boss fights, etc. Don't forget what type of game this is.

Exactly my thoughts. If they have QTEs, they have room for SIXAXIS.

It would have been awesome to have a QTE that showed their hands, and you have to tilt the controller in different directions to initiate the different hand signs to cast a Jutsu during boss fights (the big ones). If you didn't like it, turn it off and it's replaced with d-pad button presses.

Take Folklore's tug-O-war mechanics for example. I think it is perfect for:
* Shikamaru's shadow jitsu (for extended damage or control of opponents)
* Yamato's tailed beast suppression technique (for defeating Naruto's beast form). Again can be optional.
* Akatsuki's tailed beast sealing ceremony
... just off the top of my head.

Well I'm sorry I had no idea and assumed this was a pure fighting game of the style of DBZ, specially since they are merged here.

I have never played a Naruto game.

Well I'm sorry I had no idea and assumed this was a pure fighting game of the style of DBZ, specially since they are merged here.

I have never played a Naruto game.

It would even work in DBZ in many aspects. There is still a lot of button mashing in DBZ, which could be supplemented for "shaking the controller".

A lot of special moves also have long drawn out animations, which could certainly have some QTE segments to give a 'damage boost' to those moves (similar to the button combo's that are already present, IIRC).

I don't know, these are all arcade fighters, not hardcore fighters, hell, I'd even take motion control as a novelty in VF5 during any openings or what not.

I just don't think it's "useless". Maybe he isn't interested, and it's not in the cards, but I'm certain there are ways to do things that are creative and fun.

Back