Naruto PS3 Project, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit (cel-shaded fighters from Bandai Namco)

one

Unruly Member
Veteran
Naruto PS3 Project - Jump Festa 2008 trailer (online until Jan.20, 2008)
http://vjump.shueisha.co.jp/info/info-02.html

The trailer is probably the same one as the one shown at TGS 2007, but this is direct-feed. Developed by CyberConnect2, published by Bandai Namco, so a different from a Naruto game developed by Ubisoft.

Yet another cel-shaded fighting game from another developer and Bandai Namco at Jump Festa 2008 is Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit for PS3/360
http://vjump.shueisha.co.jp/info/info-03.html

The Naruto project looks just like you're playing the cartoon, perhaps even better. Same goes for DBZ, but someone needs to kill DBZ like 5 years ago. Didn't the last episode air in Japan like 13 years ago? Comeon already.

Hell, the manga ended even before that...

Edit: If that PS3 Naruto fighting game is like the one my sister owns for the PS2, it'll be fun but not extraordinary.

They look stylishly neat, but not particularly "next gen." Perhaps that means they spent more time making the gameplay not suck! :p

I haven't played any of the recent DBZ games aside from Legend of Goku 2(Fun but WAAAAAYYYYYYYYY too short.). I thought they'd gotten better?

Is it just me or does the Naruto PS3 game have striking similarities to the Ubisoft version?

I didnt mean that negatively, just pointing out my observations :smile:

I haven't tried both. I can't tell from the trailer what sort of game "PS3 Project" is. Besides sharing the same cast, skills and backstory, what kind of games are they ?

Sick, that DBZ game's looking good and better than the ps2/Wii ones in terms of fighting.

DBZ's great but without some kind of new season it's dieing out...
I wonder if they could ever revive this series in some way or another.

The Naruto project looks just like you're playing the cartoon, perhaps even better. Same goes for DBZ, but someone needs to kill DBZ like 5 years ago. Didn't the last episode air in Japan like 13 years ago? Comeon already.

Haven't you heard, the Hollywood is making DBZ life action movie. What were they thinking.

I would love to see a new shonen jump comic & Manga series!

That should get the ball rolling!

I am kind of confused here. You want a new manga series (generally) or a new manga series from Toriyama or a new manga series to be filmed by Hollywood?

I have to say that Bandai Namco's effort look more like the anime than Ubisoft's Naruto game. Especially the lighting seems to resemble the anime more closely.

I enjoyed the Naruto 360 game quite a bit. But couldn't help but feel they could have done a lot more with the gameplay mechanics. Converting every fight into a 1 on 1 battle, when the series itself features quite a bit of team work, felt particularly restraining. Being taken out of the game world into a fight mode felt detracting as well. While I could see the need for 2 different modes, I felt the transition should be seamless and smooth. Here's hoping that, at a minimum, there's more than 1-one-1 battles in the PS3 version.

I enjoyed the Naruto 360 game quite a bit. But couldn't help but feel they could have done a lot more with the gameplay mechanics. Converting every fight into a 1 on 1 battle, when the series itself features quite a bit of team work, felt particularly restraining. Being taken out of the game world into a fight mode felt detracting as well. While I could see the need for 2 different modes, I felt the transition should be seamless and smooth. Here's hoping that, at a minimum, there's more than 1-one-1 battles in the PS3 version.

Well different dev's and they seem to be really concentrating on this one. Already looks better - actually looks like the series.

Like Patsu said, you get to build a 3-man/woman squad for over 100 missions. This seems to be a lot more open than Ubisoft's version.

According to Joysiq's PS3Fanboy blog, the game supports 3-men tag team: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/04/17/naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-features-25-characters-three-man-t/

I don't know what to make of the game yet. The graphics looks very close to a 3D anime, which is cool. Is there a story mode or just arena fighting ?

At this point, I am more interested in a PS Home rendition of the Leaf village.

The way it is told, the game seems to have both modes (story type missions and arena fighting). One of the best parts is that you are suppose to be able to play all the way through to the end of the Sasuke Retrieval arc! That means a LOT more techniques/summoning jutsu via the 25 different characters!

Whether you are a Naruto fan or not, this translates into a lot more fun beyond previous offerings.

BTW, I think the Leaf village would be a nice backdrop for an individual's apartment/home in Home. Hopefully, someone will make that happen.

The official website is www.ultimateninjastorm.com.

Back