Name for new NV4x

Ready?

No you're not

Here it comes anyways!

How about buying a:

"Gainward CoolFX-2 PowerPack!!! Ultra/2500-8X XP nView VIVO TV Lite/DVI/DVI 512M BGA G-DDRIII JUMBO "Golden Sample" Nvidia Geforce FX-2 6500 AGP Lowprofile"

I gotta admit I cheated a bit, i browsed through.
http://www.gainward.com (click product -> vga -> go through all product series) looking for ideas for the ULTIMATE graphics card name monster... well, i could have come up with most of this from the top of my head, but certainly never did I imagine they actually used words like DDR JUMBO or PowerPack with 3 exclamation marks :=)

Waltar said:
Zengar said:
The codename for NV40 was Stinger(found in the driver)... But it was also the codename for Radeon 3xx :D

Which driver set was that?

Dunno... the first one with NV4x emulation... I've found NV_vertex_program3 and NV_fragment_program2 extension strings there + a string saying something about "stinger emulation". The newest riva tuner allows you to turn the stinger emulation on(plain text)

Zengar said:
The codename for NV40 was Stinger(found in the driver)... But it was also the codename for Radeon 3xx :D
Hmmm... it looks like nVidia's main design goal is to produce a card which finally competes with the 9700pro. :oops: :mrgreen: :p

Back