My truck ain't here, I feel all twitchy.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
My '98 Pathfinder went in to the truck doctor yesterday, the "service engine soon" light has been on for a few months so my paranoid wife thought it best we have it looked at. :rolleyes:

Oh, and my muffler is hanging free. It's cracked off right where the frontpipe goes into the muffler and the muffler has been banging around a bit....that's the bit that finally convinced me it was ok to take in.

But I sort of hate it, it's a bitch not having a backseat with two kids. I won't need to have it back for about 5 more hours, but I'm starting to get a bit twitchy. My vehicle being down is almost as bad as my PC being down for me. :???:

Oh god i thought someone stole it at first!!!

You'll be just fine, just drink lots of water, maybe orange juice, and you'll be just fine.

_xxx_ said:
Just take the Z ;)
I did and will, but it has no backseat and it isn't mine....it's my wife's car.

I love the Z to pieces and all, but it just isn't "my car"...y'know? The Pathfinder is "my car" in every sense of the word, and when I drive her she's basically an extension of my body.

I'm that tuned to her, y'know?

$430us for a muffler for a 7 year old truck?!?!?

That's fricking insane/highway robbery....even the dealership thought so and recomended I take it somewhere else. :???:

They're fixing a bum valve on some environmental thingy and changing my oil, but I'm going to take it somewhere else for a muffler.

$430 for a muffler? MAAAAYBE on the Z as I know it's a custom special order, but on the Pathfinder?

Crusher said:
Buy one for $50 and clamp it on yourself.
Nah, my wife doesn't like me working on the cars....long story. :rolleyes:

USA Muffler wants $169 & taxes & Midas says it's $134 for a new one installed on a 98 Pathfinder, I think I'll be taking it to them. (I have happy memories of my grandpa taking his old Impala to the same Midas for a muffler, so I admit I'm biased. :oops: )

Woo-hoo! :cool:

Went to Midas yesterday and blew $200 on an over-the-axle, new resonator, and exhuast to take care of the breakage...but there was still an exhaust rattle when I gunned her up to 5000-6000RPMs. Turns out it was the front exhaust's heatshield. It had rotted loose and was rattling like a bad dog too, but I couldn't hear it over the other muffler rattles.

I pulled it off and she's solid once again. :D

Happy-happy, joy-joy; I got me truck back in top running shape. :cool:

digitalwanderer said:
Woo-hoo! :cool:

Went to Midas yesterday and blew $200 on an over-the-axle, new resonator, and exhuast to take care of the breakage...but there was still an exhaust rattle when I gunned her up to 5000-6000RPMs. Turns out it was the front exhaust's heatshield. It had rotted loose and was rattling like a bad dog too, but I couldn't hear it over the other muffler rattles.

I pulled it off and she's solid once again. :D

Happy-happy, joy-joy; I got me truck back in top running shape. :cool:
Is that thing still making power over 5000rpm?
Btw you should have gotten the G35 :p

radeonic2 said:
Is that thing still making power over 5000rpm?
Yup, she makes power up to about 6500. (I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!)

Btw you should have gotten the G35 :p
Mebbe, but we couldn't have and I don't like the lines on it nearly as much as the Z....and the Z has been working out/loved even more than we expected it to be. We have no regrets. ('Cept my wife still sighs a bit when she sees a 350 convertible. :rolleyes: )

I actually beat my wife back from the Midas dealership, man was she pissed! :LOL:

Back