My life's freaking ruined

Give me a break, I just got a 47% on a test in the worst class I've ever taken and I got an 60% on the test before that and I'm probably going to get kicked out of school because of this class, I would gladly take jury duty.

london-boy said:
Can't you just not do it? Chuck the letter and forget about it, i'm sure you're not forced to do it.
Erm, you certainly are (at least in the UK). If you don't reply to the letter you face a minimum £1000 fine and possible jail. I know this as I did Jury Service a few months ago. If it's your first time on jury service then you are allowed to defer once for up to a year if you have a really, really pressing reason why. However, you do have to serve. The only way out is having a criminal record or being a judge.

Anyway, Jury Service can be really fascinating (and really boring). I'm certainly glad I did it when I was called as it was really interesting (and rather comic). Well worth doing if you get the chance.

Actually a good way out is to work with criminals and street people at a volunteer organisation. You can say you are biased, because of your compassion for criminals. It worked for my dad anyways, lol.

Diplo said:
Erm, you certainly are (at least in the UK). If you don't reply to the letter you face a minimum £1000 fine and possible jail. I know this as I did Jury Service a few months ago. If it's your first time on jury service then you are allowed to defer once for up to a year if you have a really, really pressing reason why. However, you do have to serve. The only way out is having a criminal record or being a judge.

Anyway, Jury Service can be really fascinating (and really boring). I'm certainly glad I did it when I was called as it was really interesting (and rather comic). Well worth doing if you get the chance.

Really?? I had no idea you can't escape...

Well, what if i have personal reasons why i just couldn't do it?

Let's say i had a troubled childhood and hearing about someone killing and raping young girls in detail (as i'm sure the details would be there and explicit) would really trouble me...? Would i still be forced to do it?

This comes as a total surprise to me.

london-boy said:
Really?? I had no idea you can't escape...

Well, what if i have personal reasons why i just couldn't do it?

Let's say i had a troubled childhood and hearing about someone killing and raping young girls in detail (as i'm sure the details would be there and explicit) would really trouble me...? Would i still be forced to do it?

This comes as a total surprise to me.
Just get out of it the easy way and do a felony!

nintenho said:
Just get out of it the easy way and do a felony!

Well i'm sure i can arranged to be found doing lots of dirty things in a public toilet... Though i think these days the cops would just join in the fun!!

... What am i saying... i'm married!!!

london-boy said:
Well i'm sure i can arranged to be found doing lots of dirty things in a public toilet... Though i think these days the cops would just join in the fun!!

... What am i saying... i'm married!!!
-_-

I don't think that's a felony though.

You`re in university - tell them you have an assignment due the next day. It works here at least (I`ve never been called up though)

I wish I'd get called up for jury duty. Don't they pay you a normal days wage? Working for myself, I could fidd... er show them real accounts... and make a packet. :LOL:

Back