My life's freaking ruined

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I have a letter right now telling me to do jury duty.
I swear I hate this crap.

The only people who can be excused are politicians and detained people.
Why do I have to do it?
My life's ruined.

Read it again, are you sure it wasn't for your mother?
In which case your life would still be ruined as you possibly can't cope several days alone without your mommy to look after you.

wah, the only duty i have to keep this country afloat as a working democratic republic , i can't do it wahhh! admittedly, these things do tend to show up at the most inopportune times... sorry brother!

You make no sense.
The country can float without me.

poopypoo said:
wah, the only duty i have to keep this country afloat as a working democratic republic , i can't do it wahhh! admittedly, these things do tend to show up at the most inopportune times... sorry brother!

well, of course it can float, but... truly, one of the most important democratic mechanisms we have is peer juries. Without it, rest assured every single case would find on behalf of the rich! suck it up! :D

If I get on the bench I'm going to vote guilty and then I will say that I don't care and I will crap on the judge.

poopypoo said:
well, of course it can float, but... truly, one of the most important democratic mechanisms we have is peer juries. Without it, rest assured every single case would find on behalf of the rich! suck it up! :D

K.I.L.E.R said:
If I get on the bench I'm going to vote guilty and then I will say that I don't care and I will crap on the judge.

Sounds like a recipe for a ten stretch for contempt of court to me!

just say you're a utilitarian racist bigot

or that you have already formed an opinion on the case...

or just do it and get it over with lol

Last edited by a moderator:
london-boy said:
Can't you just not do it? Chuck the letter and forget about it, i'm sure you're not forced to do it.

I'd not recommend doing that. When I got my jury summons, I was out of state. Therefore, I didn't have to do it. They didn't seem to care. I'm not sure about your local government, but tell them you are a student and you can't give up classes. They may defer you. Also, if you call the number, they'll usually have directions about what to do.

CMAN said:
I'd not recommend doing that. When I got my jury summons, I was out of state. Therefore, I didn't have to do it. They didn't seem to care. I'm not sure about your local government, but tell them you are a student and you can't give up classes. They may defer you. Also, if you call the number, they'll usually have directions about what to do.

Well i'm in London, and in London you can just about escape anything, much more so something like this...

Back