My idea of a ne Punch Out in Wii

compres

Regular
Aw man I just wish there would be a launch title like this:

Grab two wands and start punching! Just imagine super punch out in the snes doing this, you just punch at the screen man.

Does anyone else likes this idea?

Personally I love it, althought witha lot of punchs possible (or best, free movements for both hands :)).

Last edited by a moderator:
The EyeToy came with a simple boxing game. It's very active - I can't imagine it being more than a party game given the player gets hot and bothered in just a few minutes!

It might be a good workout too lol.

As long as you punch in a light contact (with force) fashion/and the controlers arent heavy (500g+ each) you can resist a lot and it is easy to regain force with just a few seconds resting your arms. In the worst case in 3 days you could do with easly.

Plus a good workout is very good too, I like it.

The EyeToy came with a simple boxing game. It's very active - I can't imagine it being more than a party game given the player gets hot and bothered in just a few minutes!

I dont know that game, but if it is simple (as simple as the other ET games I know) it is easy to understand why it is boring, boxe can be a very complex game and most of the fun comes from having the freedom to do a lot of things.

Actually this game could be a chalenge as boxe can be very fast , actually many time you do see only feel (if both have have rumble it may be a good option), with lot of freedom it should also be hard to do the AI, the overall it can be very fast games (specially in FP) wich can hard to control in a TV.

It would be very interesting IMO, even if as a VC, online only game.

Aw man I just wish there would be a launch title like this:

Grab two wands and start punching! Just imagine super punch out in the snes doing this, you just punch at the screen man.

Does anyone else likes this idea?

There should be a posting in some thread, where I said that. So quit stealing my ideas :devilish:

Anyway I think a Track and Field game could also work very well with the Wii controllers.

I dont know that game, but if it is simple (as simple as the other ET games I know) it is easy to understand why it is boring.
I didn't say boring. Players get hot and bothered. If you consider the average home is set with a temperature that's comfortable for sedate acitivities slobbing in front of the TV, and then do just a few minutes constant arm waving, it's not hard to see why players get hot quickly.

As a proper boxing game where you have to hit a virtual opponent it wouldn't be as intense as the simple EyeToy effort that's 2 mins of thrashing, but it'd be a radical departure from the lazy-gaming that is standard. It'd take the player more into the 'interactive fitness' realm like the Nike EyeToy Kinetic software, which might well be a better developed genre over the coming years as all three consoles are equipped to allow that sort of thing.

If those wands are precise enough to point and shoot in a FPS I bet they can make a really good Punch Out game. If I remember they can even mesure aceleration, that way your punches would be harder, faster, higher, lower, etc. I can imagine myself trying to uppercut Mr Soda Popinski(not sure if that's his exact name).

There should be a posting in some thread, where I said that. So quit stealing my ideas :devilish:

Anyway I think a Track and Field game could also work very well with the Wii controllers.

Nice to know am not the only one thinking about this posibility!

Is there any place where we could probably suggest this to nintendo or to developers in general?

I didn't say boring. Players get hot and bothered. If you consider the average home is set with a temperature that's comfortable for sedate acitivities slobbing in front of the TV, and then do just a few minutes constant arm waving, it's not hard to see why players get hot quickly.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

As a proper boxing game where you have to hit a virtual opponent it wouldn't be as intense as the simple EyeToy effort that's 2 mins of thrashing, but it'd be a radical departure from the lazy-gaming that is standard. It'd take the player more into the 'interactive fitness' realm like the Nike EyeToy Kinetic software, which might well be a better developed genre over the coming years as all three consoles are equipped to allow that sort of thing.

I agree this is actually one of the (few) games I miss in GC/XB, personally I hope that this is indeed one of the new genres of (all) next gen but it may take a while before they get popular as for full body at least all of them would need add periphericals (cameras) and the majority of the market it is very diferent, but once they are doing a new Kinetic (Combat), althought it is not certain if it will be released on America, it does shows it certainly will have potential.

Back