My demo updated (should work on GF3 now)

Humus

Crazy coder
Veteran
The crash on GF3 should be fixed now. A guy at opengl.org helped me out (nVidia didn't reply to my mail) and I had forgot some code to create a render texture (which I didn't use anymore), and since nVidia doesn't yet support the WGL_ARB_render_texture extension I got a null pointer there which caused the crash.

I've also added experimental support for register combiners, but since I don't have any hardware to test on I suppose the chances of this working is maybe 5% :smile: even though I read the spec very carefully. So by default it'll run without it, but you can enable it in the .ini file if you want to try it.

There are some minor fixes too and improved performance, however the performance is mostly improved where it was kinda good already (looking straight up in the black roof for instance), but where fillrate is the limiting factor the performance hasn't improved much at all.

Anyway, get it at the usual place:

http://hem.passagen.se/emiper/3d.html

Ok, it is running in my GF3 Ti200/driver asus 21.81a/P3-S 1.13GHz/WinXP at 43fps (main room), but is not like the pics in your site.

It is black and white with few colored lights (discolights) in the main room!!!

The register combiners are working with some texture (the floor and some colums).

You are improving :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pascal on 2002-02-21 18:56 ]</font>

Anyone care to post a screenshot of the "black and white"-ness? A screenshot of the floor and pillars in the middle room to judge how well the register combiners work would be nice too. :smile:

Nice to see though that it at least doesn't crash :smile:

Using the 27.20 drivers, it looks this way:
Using the 22.40 drivers...it looks exactly the same...

Bild1.jpg

With the 21.81a drivers it looks much better.
Ok I will do it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pascal on 2002-02-21 21:08 ]</font>

On 2002-02-21 20:58, EgonOlsen wrote:
Using the 27.20 drivers, it looks this way:
Using the 22.40 drivers...it looks exactly the same...

Bild1.jpg

Hmm ... maybe I have some mipmap building error somewhere, that would explain it. NVidia's drivers are much more sensitive to that than ATi's. Though I had done away with those probs long ago, must look into that ...

Can someone post a screenshot where the lights that had colors are visible? And a screenshot where you can see the floor which supposedly worked with the register combiners?

It looks like the problem is that the compressed textures doesn't get properly uploaded, otherwise things seams to be going quite right, bumpmaps and 3d textures/cubemaps seams to do their job, just the base textures that are missing, which are in s3tc format. I suppose I'm having some problem with the last two mipmap levels where the size is smaller than a s3tc block of 4x4. I'll see if I can solve it, I'm not all that sure how s3tc are actually handling this. Gonna see if the spec is detailed enough.

Strange though that anisotropic makes such a difference in how it looks.

Back