My Athlon 64 runs at 64 degrees after heavy gaming

K.I.L.E.R said:
Ahhh I misread ET4, ET4 detection mimics my BIOS's.

PIC

My system fan and power fan were confused by me.

Oh and Rainz, you should come down to Australia, Melbourne during winter. It's most likely around 10 degrees c in my room. :LOL:

That's nothing .. You should come down to Canada ... +40C the summer and -40C the winter ! Welcome in Hell

RainZ

K.I.L.E.R said:
Thanks for the advice guys.

It seems my Athlon is running quite cool and I've overclocked it 50MHz and temps seem to be the same.

I'm going to leave the cooling solution as is as I'm quite happy with it and my temps are low and the back of the mobo where the CPU is quite cool.

My comp with the Zalman .. 2000mhz or 2200mhz = 0-1C more ! it's nearly the same.

RainZ

I have a new Newcastle with the ending in AX (CG stipping) with the stock heat sink but a better fan. Its vcore is 1.4v and idels with out cool & quite at 2 gig at 32C. At load it gets to 40C.

Killer What A64 do you have and what stepping is it. What vcore is it?

{Sniping}Waste said:
I have a new Newcastle with the ending in AX (CG stipping) with the stock heat sink but a better fan. Its vcore is 1.4v and idels with out cool & quite at 2 gig at 32C. At load it gets to 40C.

I dont use cool n quiet. Already tested once and i have lost many pts in some benchmarks

RainZ

rainz said:
fallguy said:
rainz said:
25C~30C it's simply too low and impossible ... Or maybe if you are in an igloo. So i'd say i trust more the nvidia thing .. but try MBM5.

RainZ

Not true. Maybe for air cooling..

Killer, get some AS and clean off the CPU and heatsink. Apply the AS, and your temps should drop a little.

Your temps are fine though, for a stock cooled heatsink.

True as well you cant reach 25-30C with air cooling on this cpu with his stock heatsink .. dunno why you say that Fallguy

RainZ

I didnt say you could reach that on air cooling.

I said that you're wrong about not being able to reach 25-30c, except by being in an igloo.

fallguy said:
rainz said:
fallguy said:
rainz said:
25C~30C it's simply too low and impossible ... Or maybe if you are in an igloo. So i'd say i trust more the nvidia thing .. but try MBM5.

RainZ

Not true. Maybe for air cooling..

Killer, get some AS and clean off the CPU and heatsink. Apply the AS, and your temps should drop a little.

Your temps are fine though, for a stock cooled heatsink.

True as well you cant reach 25-30C with air cooling on this cpu with his stock heatsink .. dunno why you say that Fallguy

RainZ

I didnt say you could reach that on air cooling.

I said that you're wrong about not being able to reach 25-30c, except by being in an igloo.

was a joke .. sorry to be wrong to tell jokes :(

RainZ

{Sniping}Waste said:

A64 3000+
Stepping: 0

K.I.L.E.R said:
{Sniping}Waste said:

A64 3000+

whats it say on your core killer

{Sniping}Waste said:

can't compare temps across different setups.
That means even the same type of motherboard and same stepping of proc will read different than other individual units.
just a friendly FYI.

jvd said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
{Sniping}Waste said:

A64 3000+

whats it say on your core killer

I'm not going to force the heatsink off to tell you that. :LOL:
Too much trouble.

jvd said:
then u wont know what steping it is :)

I have an a64 3000+ here. figuring out a mobo rightn ow

I already told everyone the stepping. It's 0.

Get the NForce 3 mobo from Gigabyte, GA-K8NNXP.

It has a secondary heatsink the draws heat from the CPU to it.
It's quite cool, also after playing FarCry for the last hour it seems to hit 36 degrees. Now it's at 31 degrees.

nVidia's system util is still showing the same temp as my CPU was idle the entire time. :?

already told everyone the stepping. It's 0.

that is not a stepping . amd does it by numbers example
mine ia ada3000aep4ax , its the ax stepping which is the newer stepping

Was able to get it up to 2.6 ghz in my friends board.

Get the NForce 3 mobo from Gigabyte, GA-K8NNXP
i water cool so i don't know how well that will help. But how is the overclocking on this ? I really wanted a via chipset as my nforce 2 board has been nothing but trouble

So far I've knocked it up 50MHz from stock without a hich. :D

Well, I'll try to find a more exact stepping, I'm sure it would be a new stepping.

From nVidia's system util all it says is stepping 0. :?

Maybe I should use more accurate tools?

K.I.L.E.R said:
So far I've knocked it up 50MHz from stock without a hich. :D

Well, I'll try to find a more exact stepping, I'm sure it would be a new stepping.

From nVidia's system util all it says is stepping 0. :?

Maybe I should use more accurate tools?
just take the damn heatsink off haha. thats the only way i know how to tell for sure .

Back