[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by dragonelite, Feb 23, 2011.

1. nintenho

Veteran

So when do the rest of us plebes get Back to Karkand? It was a one week delay right?

I play regularly, gamertag "thenintenho". Usually I'm on around early evening PST.

2. RenegadeRocks

Legend

Am very random these days. Basically I am playing whenever I get time from my game project, so it could be anytime I need to Take a break and have fun.

The new maps, ie the old BF maps in the new DLC , are a blast. Absolute blast ! A must have DLC for all BF3 owners ! I know almost all will have it as it was free with the limited edition, but those who joined late like me, GO BUY IT RIGHT NOW ! Its even better than the vanilla BF3 maps, which feel 'okay' after playing this DLC. I feel like playing only in the new maps now !

But then, I am enjoying conquest on Caspian Border, Tehran Highway, Noshahr Canal too. The game is just full of win :razz: ! Best MP this year.........actually the most fun I have had in a game this year !:cool:

Edit: sometimes I spend the whole match time trying to shoot down anybody who dares to take flight ! I just love to make them panic, go topsy, shoot flares, crash in mid air with someone else or drop to ground like a drunken bird :lol: ! They don't have to die, just making them crazy gives me the thrill of mischief ;) ! When I have had my fill, i go back to capturing flags !

3. Tap In

Legend

I've actually been addicted to Halo Reach again :wink: but will get back to BF when new maps are out. I'm usually on somewhere from 10pm to 12-12:30 AZ time (which is currently mountain)

I'll be sure to stay visible on friends list this week and we'll play. :razz:

4. patsu

Legend

I'll get it after I complete Dark Souls. Very close now ! ^_^
    Will catch you in BF3 one of these days.

I also want to try out DEHR.

5. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

Nonsense. I even talked a few coworkers who are PS3 diehards to getting BF3 on the 360. One of them is a beast too. He seems to win every 1 v 1 engagement, so my tactic is to follow him and try to steal some kills. We're playing tonight I think.

I just haven't been on in a while. Busy building a new RC helicopter.

6. Acert93

Acert93 Artist formerly known as Acert93
    Legend

Uh, you know you are addicted to pretty shaders. RC helicopter = BF3 helos :p

7. Scott_Arm

Legend

I haven't played Skyrim in a couple of weeks.

8. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

Tired of mw3. Back to bf3!

Dunno for How long this will last though, as I tend to loose interest when there is no one shot kill snipers

9. Billy Idol

Legend Veteran

I play hardcore servers...there a shot in the chest or above is typically a kill with snipers, e.g. use the SV-98 in hardcore modus...it's fun :)

10. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

Ah forgot about hardcore modes!

Btw Is there any way to turn off the aim acceleration and have aim movement like in cod?

11. RenegadeRocks

Legend

I want that deperately too. ALthough I have adjusted to it, but I can't play the way I want untill that acceleration is turned off. I am so muc better at R3 due to the option to turn it off.

Is it hidden somewhere in menus? Can it be turned off? I am sticking to Shotguns cos I can't turn it off.

12. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

Its not that i cannot aim with it, after one hour of adjusting can take on anybody 1vs1 with my standard run and gun tactics!

its just that prolonged playing ruins my aiming in f.ex. CoD, and i care about my kill ratio in cod

13. RenegadeRocks

Legend

I have also adjusted enough to not notice it as a drawback anymore, but I still find that I am at a disadvantage during a 1 vs 1 due to my clumsyness in aiming, so I carry my trusty Shotgun around.

In fact this is the first game where I have put my trust in a shotgun :grin: ! I had never played an MP with a shotgun before due to its ineffectiveness at medium range. nice change of playstyle for me ! But I wish I could turn off the acceleration. I see no point in a game forcing it on me !:roll:

14. fearsomepirate

fearsomepirate Dinosaur Hunter
    Veteran

Which is why MAG has the best shotgun of any modern FPS. :grin:

15. Cheezdoodles

Veteran

Thats a Lie! Akimbo 1887 in mw2>>>>>everything else! Looked awesome also

16. NRP

NRP
    Veteran

Hated those f'ing akimbo 1887s.

17. fearsomepirate

fearsomepirate Dinosaur Hunter
    Veteran

If you put the MAG shotgun in MW2 and had the Looney Tunes akimbo mode available, it would beat the 1887 due to its longer effective range. Worst shotgun is anything in a Treyarch COD. Their shotguns all do 0 damage outside a 20-yard zone (less than that in WaW).

I think MAG is my favorite FPS of the current gen because its weapons are so much more believable in terms of recoil and range than just about any other game.

18. patsu

Legend

^_^ and the interactive warzone elements !

Too bad people couldn't get over the initial map imbalance. It's also one of my favorite FPSes, besides RFOM.

19. Tap In

Legend

these new BF3 maps are frigging glorious... it's like the kept all of the best maps for this map pack... really cool

20. RenegadeRocks

Legend

How does spotting bonus work? I spot a lot but spotting bonus pops up only rarely !