MS to combine CPU and GPU at 65nm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anybody have some news or infos about when the first xbox 360 jasper consoles with the new 65nm ati xenos gpu will arrive in stores?

or is it confirmed, that the recently announced new 60gb model will contain it or something like that?

microsoft likely said, that the 60gb model will only arrive in the usa so far.

what do you think when will european customers for example be able to buy the new consoles with the new 65nm gpu in the 120gb elite, 20gb pro or non hdd arcade editions?

does anybody have some news or infos about when the first xbox 360 jasper consoles with the new 65nm ati xenos gpu will arrive in stores?

or is it confirmed, that the recently announced new 60gb model will contain it or something like that?

There is no confirmation or news of either. Trust that if there were, you wouldn't need to be asking, it would already be here. ;)

I don't think the 60GB console is an automatic for Jasper whatsoever - after all it's as simple as simply replacing one single external component. But folk will tear these things down as new revisions do come, and insights into silicon revisions never lag by too long.

If TSMC started mass production in May, the new 60gb models just might have the new chips. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

There is no confirmation or news of either. Trust that if there were, you wouldn't need to be asking, it would already be here. ;)

I don't think the 60GB console is an automatic for Jasper whatsoever - after all it's as simple as simply replacing one single external component. But folk will tear these things down as new revisions do come, and insights into silicon revisions never lag by too long.

rumors are saying its 2lbs lighter

thank you.

most of the time people say the xbox 360 consoles are too loud and are getting too hot which often ends in the rrod issue.

and of course at least it is very true, that the xbox 360 consoles are very loud because of their 12x dvd drive speed.

but it seems as if the xbox 360 would get rid of this disadvantages this year.

the 65nm gpu should keep it much cooler and should reduce the rrod risk a lot more than the 65nm cpu did, shouldn't it?

or maybe even eliminate that problem?

furthermore the recently announced fall update and possibility to play games directly from hdd seems to make it possible to play much more quiet then before because the dvd drive won't have to spin a disc while gaming anymore.

that combined sounds very nice.

The rrod issue ? Well the rrod sign can mean more than one thing. However it should completely solve (at least down to under 5% like the industry average)

They will most likely keep the improved cooler on the gpu and the drop to 65nm should keep it very cool.

many speculate that hte 2lbs drop in weight comes from a smaller powersupply which would mean a reduction in the power draw of the system most likely coming from the smaller gpu

The RROD issues seems to be well under control since the switch last fall. I'll see how well the fall update and the HDD install works to quiet things down. Personally, I always play with good volume levels so it's never an issue but fun to check these thigns out anyway!

I'll certainly replace my Elite with a slim model down the road or the Elite will have a friend in some other part of the house.

Do the new 60GB models include 65nm CPU and 65nm GPU?
according to 8bitjoystick who has a source inside MS's XB division Jasper was supposed to come out the first week of Sept. They may have moved it up a month though. Jasper is the codename for the 65nm CPU & GPU revision of 360.

We wont really know until some people get their hands on the 60GB and look. It's scheduled to be released on Jul 28, which is only a couple days away. So we'll know soon enough.

Yeah I'm really wondering why we havent seen any 60GB's leak into the wild..they should have been up to 2-3 weeks from release.

Almost everyone was saying, that xbox 360 jasper with the new 65nm ati xenos gpu would likely arrive in stores august 2008.

August is almost over now, the new 60gb xbox 360 is already available. But apparently there is no jasper available, yet.

Do some of you have further information about that?

When are we going to see it?

Almost everyone was saying, that xbox 360 jasper with the new 65nm ati xenos gpu would likely arrive in stores august 2008.

Well "everyone" must have been folk other than those who have been paying attention, because I know several of us have mentioned a number of times that with the extreme ease of changing a 20GB SKU to a 60GB SKU, that the chips contained would shift when inventories demanded it rather than arbitrarily with the new product. People are blurring the lines between the reasons these companies shrink the chips in the first place and the manner in which new offerings are presented to the public. If there were/are 1 million of the old mobo/chip combos lying around at the time the 60GB shift goes into effect, then one could expect 1 million of the new 60GB units to carry the old hardware.

Conversely if the Falcons had run out during the time of the 20GB's life, then we would have seen Jasper launch earlier than the 60GB introduction.

Bottom line is though that no one knows for sure when these will start showing up, but it probably won't be too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back