Movie Reviews 2.0

Looking forward to HBO's Deadwood: The Movie slated for May 31st. I'm not certain what to expect from it, having been so long since I've seen any of the show's episodes. I'll try to fit in a binge session or three before or at least watch some YT Summary videos.

Recap:

Here's the trailers:

There is a funny trivia I have personnaly noticed with Deadwood (the series).
During the whole 3 seasons, the main character Seth doesn't shoot once with his gun.

From the director of "The Babysitter". That's almost like saying from the director of "Grown Ups". Unfortunately Netflix's track record with movies has mostly been terrible so far. I liked Annihilation a lot, but that's kinda it.

I quite enjoyed the movie "The Babysitter" for what it was.

Just watched this. Rubbish.

Agreed. It's not bad for a background movie, but it falls utterly short of being anything. It needed to be more like Stranger Things in it's portrayal of the children.

If only they made a sequel or prequel to The Babysitter instead. Le Sigh.

Agreed. It's not bad for a background movie, but it falls utterly short of being anything. It needed to be more like Stranger Things in it's portrayal of the children.

If only they made a sequel or prequel to The Babysitter instead. Le Sigh.

Exactly why I thought. This was Stranger Things made for high school project. Ok not that bad but really low quality.

Happy Death Day 2U - Looks to be another fun little sequel with even more time loops, deaths, and resets.

Happy Death Day 2U - Looks to be another fun little sequel with even more time loops, deaths, and resets.
Looking forward to that one, the first was a great laugh. Very well put together.

Can anyone explain to me why Aladdin is getting so much hate?

I went to see it last friday and it was a fun, entertaining and true-to-original live action adaptation to the animation.
What gives?

Can anyone explain to me why Aladdin is getting so much hate?

I went to see it last friday and it was a fun, entertaining and true-to-original live action adaptation to the animation.
What gives?

As far as I can see, all the Will Smith/Robin Williams comparisons killed it a little.

As far as I can see, all the Will Smith/Robin Williams comparisons killed it a little.

Do people really need to compare two very different actors?

What was Disney supposed to do? Never do anything related to Aladdin, ever again?
Are they supposed to never portray Darth Vader ever again if James Earl Jones retires or passes away?

They put Will Smith doing his own thing, which is IMO a whole lot better than putting anyone trying to clone Robin Williams' performance.

I get the feeling that Will Smith has been getting frequently sabotaged by the Hollywood critique, ever since the Oscars debacle.

Can you imagine if they used Jim Carrey for the Genie ?

So where's the outrage on not using Gilbert Gottfried for Iago the bird? Or is there no internet hate for Alan Tudyk because it's all love?

New Can you imagine if they used Jim Carrey for the Genie ?

I don't know. You tell me. Would it be better or worse? I have no idea.
Are pre-islamic supernatural entities from the arabian peninsula (Djinn) supposed to be caucasian? What am I missing here?

So where's the outrage on not using Gilbert Gottfried for Iago the bird? Or is there no internet hate for Alan Tudyk because it's all love?
I had to google both those names. Still have no idea what you mean.

You really need to brush up on your Geek Culture.

Gilbert was the voice of Iago the bird in the earlier animated movies Aladdin.
Alan Tudyk was in the fan-favorites Firefly, Serenity, and Tucker and Dale, Amazon's The Tick (voice of Danger Boat), and DC Universe series Doom Patrol.

Back