Motherboards.org uses 53.03 benching 3dm2k3?!?

Just have to take the opportunity to ask you Ben: why don't you both benchmark and write the review?
Seems awfully strange having a review written by a person who didn't actually test the product, no?

John Reynolds said:
Oh, and I was being a wee-bit of a dick (who, me? naaahh) when I made that post on NVNews this morning. Hey, I'm not a morning person so sue me. Anyways, the review isn't worthless, but the most of the benchmark scores sure as hell are, at least in my less-than-humble opinion.
Pffffft, it was a good observation you made this morning as well as a fun post. :)

Oh, and post 1,000. Hercules! Hercules!
Congrats, you forum whore you! ;)

P.S. Man, you tend to regress when you spend your afternoon trying to entertain a 6-month-old.
Good news, it gets easier as they get bigger and you tend to advance a bit along with 'em. Have you played on the 'puter with the 6-month old yet? Mine used to love it. :) (Well, "Does it sleep thru the night yet?" is probably a more accurate question as I recall it. :LOL: )

Ante P said:
Just have to take the opportunity to ask you Ben: why don't you both benchmark and write the review?
Seems awfully strange having a review written by a person who didn't actually test the product, no?

Oh I tested the product. But sometimes the editor wanted better test rig used in the review. What my problem with that has been is absolutely no control of the test by the writer. This has now changed for the better.

John I don't take things so personally.

digitalwanderer said:
Yo Worm! Do you think that maybe Futuremark isn't doing enough to get the word out about which drivers are and are not acceptable when beta members of Futuremark don't even know 'em?
We are doing the best we can to get the word out on what drivers are to be used in reviews with 3DMark03. I have no idea why this particular review has used drivers which are not approved by us. :? I'll look into this asap.

It's not as if this is the first review to compare ATI cards using valid drivers to NVidia ones using 53.03. For example, here are just a couple of reviews of 9600XTs which are compared against NVidia cards:

http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/VGA/Connect3D_Radeon9600XT/index.htm

http://www.legitreviews.com/Reviews/his9600xt_1.shtml

These two reviews were linked on the front page of NVNews last week. I've not read any of the other video card reviews linked there last week but what's the betting that most of these use comparisons with 53.03? :?

worm[Futuremark said:
]We are doing the best we can to get the word out on what drivers are to be used in reviews with 3DMark03. I have no idea why this particular review has used drivers which are not approved by us. :? I'll look into this asap.

Has their been any more thoughts or discussion at FutureMark on some of the ideas generated here about better ways to inform sites and users of which drivers are certified?

Hanners said:
Has their been any more thoughts or discussion at FutureMark on some of the ideas generated here about better ways to inform sites and users of which drivers are certified?
We have been discussing various ideas and suggestions we have read here & other forums, but no decisions have been made yet. I am still not sure if listing non-approved drivers, or all drivers we have tested, would actually make any difference for the media.. But we are working on it, and atm I am contacting various sites if they have been using non-approved drivers & 3DMark03.

hjs said:
http://www.hardware.info/reviews.php?id=445&page=3

and i will ask the reviewer of the pc-mag with the most readers in the netherlands if he knows about this. (To check youre communication ;) )
Contacted him too! Thanks for the info.

I've got a better idea!

Instead of chasing all these review sites up, tell nVidia to shove their piece of crap hardware up there arses.

Let them use what ever drivers they want, and then post comparison shots on your front page between Refrast,Ati,nVidia,XGI etc, etc, each time they release new drivers.

They have to learn they can't keep CHEATING and getting away with it.

How would Ferari fare if they made their speedometers show 30% more speed than what they were really doing. They'ed be sued for it.

I just don't get how they can be so blatant about it, and still people defend them!!!!!!!!!

As you can tell it makes me MAD AS HELL!!!!!! :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

Post all youre links to benchmarks done with 53.03 and the guys at futuremark will know soon enough that they need to act because nobody knows about the 53.03 and 3dmark03. ;)

What would work is an auto-update feature built into the product which collects the latest "approved list" from 3DMark03 before running a benchmark, and warns you if the drivers are unapproved then offers the option to either run a test with unapproved drivers, or get get sent to the manufacturers page for approved ones.

Something like that. If it isn't an in your face pop-up, or a patch (complete with easy to throw in the face of the reviewer version number) then it won't work.

This situation was exactly what Nvidia intended. Regardeless of what FM state on their website, reviewers will still bench with Nvidia cheating drivers.

The question is, when is FM going to do something about it with regards to the source of the problem, ie Nvidia themselves? Nvidia is part of the Futuremark programme, and yet cheat and undermine it - when will FM implement some kind of sanction against Nvidia?

The videocard-reviewer of the biggest Hardware Mag (computer!totaal) in the Netherlands has never heard of 53.03 and 3dmark03.

Maybe because he isn't using 3dmark03 anymore??

Back