Mortal Kombat (not a joke)

I bought the PlayStation 3 version only however one of my close friends has the X360 version.

So far I am only playing the ladder matches on expert to get used to the fighting system and kharacters, I decided not to purchase krypt stuff and lightly play and then focus on challenge tower leaving story mode for last.

I had a ladder match where Noob was in the background and then decided to challenge me instead of a fatality, since I was trying to be fancy and had not fully used the character I ended up losing but I have not been able to duplicate the match even though I got a trophy anyways.

The game has some minor flaws/bugs/glitches but it is worth the money and definetly could be a game that deserves to have its own Arcade cabinet if someone was to use it for a coin-op.

The 2d to 3d polygon animations transitions make me believe more than SFIV that these consoles can handle the old 2d level of animation detail of fighting games but I am still disappointed by the decision to have made Goro, Kintaro and Shao Kahn as non-playable and unable to perform fatalities on them.

I was also disappointed at the failiure of not being able to have executed a polygonal Motaro, I am curious what the issues were.

I'm loving it. Looking forward to playing this online. Damn you, PSN. Mad props to Netherrealm Studios here. Having such a fully featured fighting game is wonderful, especially when the PSN is down. I hope Capcom takes notice. I got Marvel VS Capcom3 for free and it's so bare bones it's ridiculous. It also doesn't teach you a god damned thing. I find the fighting system completely impenetrable, and I have played and still play a lot of fighting games. Also: Unreal Engine 3 game that doesn't look like an Unreal Engine 3 game? Never seen that before.

Yeah what killed MvsC3 for me was the choice to remove standard kick buttons like on 2 and 1 and the really bad decision of simplifying the buttons to make it easier to play.

Then again the teleport abuse animations take a while to get used to in MK so...

Back