Modeling Toy Car

bc24fl

Newcomer
As you will soon figure out I'm completely clueless in 3d modeling and have a couple of questions I hope someone can help out with.

I want to model a toy car piece by piece and put together exactly how it's put together in the real world (screw by screw). The goal is to show the user how to take apart the car step by step via 3d animation. For example, to show how to remove the wheels the steps would be.

From a fully assembled toy car:
1. Turn the car so that the car faces west (or east) and the wheels are facing south (not north or the car will be upside down).

2. Show the nuts being removed one by one on the side and the wheels being removed via animation.

3. Then turn the car so that it faces east and tires facing south. Do the same with both nuts and wheels via animation mentioned in step 2.

I guess you can call it an electronic manual showing you how to dissamble different parts of the car.

So the question is in terms of software, what would be the easiest most effective tools?

If the car is not in electronic form (ie: Cad 3d) what's the easiest most effective way to get it in a modeling app? What tools do you recommend.

The goal is to eventually get this exported to a web format like flash, quicktime, etc...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

That is going to be hard if you dont have any experiance in 3d modelling. Electric rain (swift3d) has a few apps that can do what you want. You got swift 3d that allows you to model in 3d though I dont know how advanced their latest versions are, in the early ones 3d modelling was very limited compared to lets say 3dsmax, but it does allow you to export to formats like flash for web use. They also got a seperate renderer that you can use with 3dsmax to export to flash.

If I were you i'd check out 3d-palace.com that site has alot of tutorials including some good video tutorials that will teach you the basics and beyond on 3d modelling.

I'm assuming that CAD is responsible for manuals like this:

http://www.traxxas.com/PDF-Library/5510_front.pdf

If I wanted to hire someone to model a toy car what is a general estimate for cost?

I tried including a link in my response but couldn't. Those manuals that have exploded views of hardware (car, plane, etc...) are done in CAD, correct??
[MODERATOR Fixed that for you]

Also, what is the general cost to hire someone to model something in 3d. Assuming a toy car with about 100 parts.

Thanks again.

You got a drawing or picture of the toy car you want to model ?

Those cars, planes are done in CAD first. So they are already have the 3D model for the manual, etc.

Yes i agree, do it in CAD first and you will have a much easier time than actually building it reg lucy

MOD edit: these links have nothing to do with the topic

Back