Miyazaki's anime

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
Freaking AAA titles man.
I'm like dude these anime are like rules and stuff.

I'va already seen-a Laputa Castle in the Sky and even though it was rated 'G' it ruled.
I mean-a-like it was one of the best movies I've ever seen.
I'd give it the highest rating anime and non-anime movie I've ever seen. It kept me on the edge of my seat all the way through.
I've never been pulled into a movie in such a way since I can remember.

Best movie I've ever seen in my life.

Tomorrow I'm watching Nausicaa. If it's anywhere near as good as Laputa then I'm rapped.

What do you guys think?

Why are they so good?
That's the one thing that baffles me.

Is it the attention to detail? Non-overdramatisation of scenes? The characters? Artwork?

Either way I loved Laputa. I want to buy it on DVD.

indeed. i think you'll like nausicaa; i heartily recommend some of the more unusual stuff like tanuki ponpoko, and the isao takahata stuff like omohide poroporo. if you're not familiar, nausicaa.net is a pretty damn good site about ghibli, and even gets a little into how it's not just one person. ;)

Ok hang on,
I went to see Howl's Moving Castle last night - AMAZING - but is this related to this Laputa Castle in the Sky KILER is talking about?!

*confused*

No it's not, it's just the latest Miyazaki masterpiece, AFAIK.
He also did a Sherlock Holmes TV series of great quality. (With characters having animal faces. (Sherlock was a fox, Moriarty a wolf...))

Oh right.

Well, Howl's Moving Castle really IS a masterpiece. Still undecided whether it's better than Spirited Away, but damn they're both fine pieces of film.

Miyazaki's anime should be a sub genre hehe.

I like his stuff as its not your "typical" kind of anime. His films are a thing of beauty....they are very imaginative and sometimes even surreal. Its like you just want go out and get all his films, who cares if aimed at a younger audience...haha

Princess Mononoke is a great film to watch as well.

Back