RobertR1

Pro
Legend
With my 980TI, I started using DSR. Turned the smoothness down to 10% and made sure AA is off where framerate was starting to dip below 60. Monitor is a dell 3008wfp which is still going strong!

In games like BF4 and Skyrim the difference is huge. By far the best graphical upgrade I've done. However, in Dota2 and Heroes of the Storm, the DSR output isn't all that different than native 2560x1600. Anyone want to guess why? I'm curious.

Being able to play BF4 at 60fps with DSR at 2x with everything on Ultra (no AA) is absolutly beautiful. It seem to really bring out the lighting, textures and effects. Same with Skyrim. Skyrim really just feels like a new game all of a sudden especially coupled with 4k texture mods, lighting & weather overhaul and a few other top rated mods on nexus.

Normally when new graphical features come out, they're most clearly seen in comparison images such as HBAO, SSAO, different types of AA but DSR benefits really hit you in the face. Since most games are now console ports and if optimized run into the 100+ fps range, being able to use DSR and putting your GPU to work to really enhance the visuals is a welcomed bonus.

It's not all great though. I just found out that DSR and G-Sync do not work together so my enthusiasm for a new G-Sync monitor is quite deflated. Still major credit to nvidia for bringing this tech out and making it easy to implement. Perhaps the best feature I can recall since HDR.

At what resolutions do you play? What does "2x DSR" mean? 3840*2400?

It's a huge boon for VR also, at least until the displays get to a much higher resolution, which is a few years away yet.

Dynamically Scaled Resolution ?

Please stop with acronyms, I have better things to do than learn what 3 letters might mean :p

Last edited:
Where/how does one activate AMD's equivalent feature? I've looked everywhere it feels like, can't find it.

Really terrible when checkmark features are hidden away so well they're not even there, for all intents and purposes... :p Running latest Catalyst, by the way.

Works really well on windows 7.

BF4 with 4k downscalling to 1080p with 4x MSAA = dear god.

But on windows 8.1 it falls short, as I found the mouse cursor to be displaced from where the cursor is actually pointing.

Seems Nvidia currently disallows DSR/G-Sync/SLI setups (3 features at once), but do allow any of those features paired off with one other feature. Drivers probably aren't mature enough ...

Last edited:
It's just grid supersampling. More compatible since it's presented to the application as just another resolution.

Great link Tabs! Bookmarked for when I want to play more with DSR. Wonder if having "presets" to apply various AA techniques in conjunction with DSR is on the drawing board. Seems it would be a nice feature to quickly select/save different quality gradients.

I'm here to "upvote" this thread -- DSR is simply badass. Been loving it on things like Skyrim, the Fallout series, even Crysis 1 and 2 work really well with DSR for me. Humorously, I noticed that AMD recanted and now allow their VSR alternative for the 7900-series right when I convert to the 980Ti series. Bleh.What happened there AMD, you were telling us all that my 7900 "didn't have the necessary hardware", and now suddenly it's available?

Anyway, yeah, DSR is badass. Needed to mention that again.

Back