missing replies in haiti thread (GD)

StefanS

meandering Velosoph
Veteran
Hi

The replies in the Haiti thread in General Discussion are not displayed. The seem to be missing, however, when replying they're displayed in the lower text window...

hupfinsgack said:
Hi

The replies in the Haiti thread in General Discussion are not displayed. The seem to be missing, however, when replying they're displayed in the lower text window...

Sometimes the threads take a while to update... Somehoe the system ackowledges the presence of new posts but doesn't display them in the thread itself... Go figure...

london-boy said:
Sometimes the threads take a while to update... Somehoe the system ackowledges the presence of new posts but doesn't display them in the thread itself... Go figure...

Well, I did take over 1 and a half week with the Nintendo DS thread. So i thought I should be vocal about this one. :) However, everything's back to normal now. But thanks for the explanation anyway.

It has to do with deletions. If somebody deletes their reply, then it screws up the pagination stuff.

I deleted a couple of my replies. Luckily, no one saw them before they were gone.

Basically I think the page ennumeration allots pages based on total comments present while the page assignments are static and are based on all comments made. You could end up with a scenario where Page 1 has 19 comments (1 deleted), Page 2 has 17 comments (3 deleted) and Page 3 has 2 comments, for 38 total present comments in the thread - therefore only two pages will selectable.

Back