Combine PC and console gaming into one "gaming" subforum?

What are PC users concerns over having console talk in their PC thread? Is there threat of muddling unassociated talk?
Probably the same concerns about having PC modding talk in the combined console/PC gaming thread ... talk about mods is of little interest to console players. Yet as a PC gamer mod talk and gameplay logically go hand in hand in the same discussion. As a primary PC gamer there would be little interest in reading posts outside the primary topic of Gameplay, posts I would otherwise avoid reading in other threads. Also OT inclusion/exclusion post decisions based on a "preferred" platform discussion may become the norm if not adhering to an "only" Gameplay post policy.

SackBoy Adventures [PS4|PS5|PC]
SackBoy Adventures PC support

PC support wouldn't be the right title as the majority of non gameplay PC talk focuses on performance/benchmarks, settings, port quality etc... the interesting stuff.

With modern consoles there's actually a fair bit of scope for console gamers to get in on those discussions too. I.e. the relative merits of the different performance modes, performance issues (look at all the Gotham Knights chatter for example), patch updates (see Horizon FW) etc... and there is of course the ever popular comparison videos out there that set certain threads alight.

I'd go with something more like:

SackBoy Adventures Technical Discussion

PC support wouldn't be the right title as the majority of non gameplay PC talk focuses on performance/benchmarks, settings, port quality etc... the interesting stuff.

With modern consoles there's actually a fair bit of scope for console gamers to get in on those discussions too. I.e. the relative merits of the different performance modes, performance issues (look at all the Gotham Knights chatter for example), patch updates (see Horizon FW) etc... and there is of course the ever popular comparison videos out there that set certain threads alight.

I'd go with something more like:

SackBoy Adventures Technical Discussion
That would work great. Just now I was looking for the Spider-Man on PC thread only to realize there's one thread in the console gaming section that also covers the PC version. Would be great as you said if we just had a technical thread and gameplay thread.

I would support this, fwiw, but I feel like the final decision lies with the moderation team. If for whatever reason a mixed platform thread gets hairy because of the mixed nature, a new thread can be brought up, seeded from the original, to give a particular platform its own space.

If that ends up happening every time you'd have a good signal about whether it was a good idea to make the change or not, and get information about which games and platforms tend to need that attention, to help inform future moderation.

Everything already happens in the console forums, its perhaps more PC posts and discussions there than console. Its a mere title-edit thats needed i think.

One might see some changes around here as we attempt reorganization into a more general purpose Gaming section.

The last 10 year's worth of PC Gaming threads should now be in the recently relabeled Gaming section, with the older posts moved into The Archive section.

Back