Middle Earth: Shadow of War [XPA, XO, PC, PS4]

Loved the first one an awful lot. It really looked like the most shameless Ass Creed Clone imaginable at first glance, yet it still became one of the most distinct entries in the map-clearing genre regardless. I hope the second's gonna work more towards refining the cool systems which were already there instead of just making everything "bigger, better and more bad-ass".

Loved the first one an awful lot. It really looked like the most shameless Ass Creed Clone imaginable at first glance, yet it still became one of the most distinct entries in the map-clearing genre regardless. I hope the second's gonna work more towards refining the cool systems which were already there instead of just making everything "bigger, better and more bad-ass".

I always thought of it as a Batman Arkham series clone, because the combat is nearly identical. Huge fan of the game. Not perfect, but it did a lot of things very well. I thought the nemesis system would be copied all over, but for some reason it wasn't.

Batman clone works just as well of course. I guess it's a mix of the two. Movement is clearly AC, though. Down to the animations actually. Didn't the developers of AC even mock the Mordor devs for stealing their shit?

Batman clone works just as well of course. I guess it's a mix of the two. Movement is clearly AC, though. Down to the animations actually. Didn't the developers of AC even mock the Mordor devs for stealing their shit?

No idea. I haven't played an assassin's creed game since maybe assassin's creed 2.

Out of curiosity looked up Shadows of Mordor and Monolith is still using their own Lithtech engine. Hopefully they've continued to make some nice changes.

Yup.
and i had the same experiemce. Fitst hated it as anyways am not a fan of Batman combat but when I played it, the nemesis system provided me with some amazing and hilarious moments !

Day-one buy for me. It's one of those rare recent games i've played twice.
The nemesis system & the power interactions is what upgrade it above the Assassin Creed series, imho.
What worries me a little, is the setting, Mordor, which doesn't lead to a very diverse landscape.
I hope for Fellbeast riding, Nazgul deathmatchs, more nemesis, more enemies evolution.
And I actually want it to be harder, as it was too easy to clean the board on the first game !

Brilliant. I hope they've done more with the Brand skill because that was just so much damn fun in what was already a crazy good fun game.

This is a play anywhere title so i'm grabbing it on the windows store for free when it launches. I am super excited since the first was so much fun

I enjoyed the first one a lot and I'm a big fan of Tolkien lore so in for this.

I played the first one with a kb/m so maybe I'll try a controller this time to see how it feels. Trailer was great looking.

I loved Shadow Of Mordor. game was really challenging despite its repetitiveness. But offered a lot of options trying to beat the different opponents. I purchased the eason pass for the first one, it was really short but enjoyable.
Can't wait to see the gameplay reveal. I loved the brutality of the combat system and finishing kills. The art direction was top notch and the game deserved its many awards. Wonder if they had planned any co-op mode in this sequel.
But I hope they won't put too much emphasis into multi characters to play with, unless they have different abilities. I rpefer games focusing on one or two characters at max. I 'll probably wait to see more of what they have planned on the roadmap of their season pass this time around.

Was I completely distracted or did the publisher and the devs manage to fly this completely under the radar until that store's leak only 2 months before release?

Was I completely distracted or did the publisher and the devs manage to fly this completely under the radar until that store's leak only 2 months before release?

That's more or less what they did with the original! I much prefer games that arrive this way, they always seem so much fresher and more fun. All the pre-launch chatter for most games rob them of any mystique they had. :(

Game looks awesome.

First game in a long time that has me legitimately excited. Only thing that will probably surpass it is Red Dead.

Last edited:
Can't wait either, the worldmap looks huge, just hope we still be able to roam freely in between the regions to hire some more for our army.
I love the diversity of gameplay , brutal kills and executions are still here. Still alpha but looks really good. Probably gonna be a day one with the gold or silver edition for me.

I take any claims of unlimited variation as purely bullshit, but based on the first game, I expect there to be enough variation that it'll stay interesting. That castle siege really is amazing, with the interplay of all the different NPCs.

Back