Microsoft Xbox E3 2013 Events - Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xbox Live Gold still $60

Still no word on adding 'family members'.

huh?

Xbox Live Gold: We are bringing the Xbox Live Gold membership from Xbox 360 to Xbox One starting at the same $5 per month for a one-year membership, and now anyone in your home can access many Xbox Live Gold benefits on your Xbox One at no additional cost. Your primary Xbox Live Gold membership also travels with you to any Xbox One system. Xbox Live Gold offers a premium interactive entertainment service on Xbox One that spans across games, TV shows, movies, music, sports and more.

Nov 5th was placeholder date. McLaren on stage was amazing really, but I kept comparing it to the trailer.

Gold accounts are hardware tied on Xbox One now and apply to any GamerTag logged in.

Also, that letter from Marc Whitten confirms the free games for Gold members only lasts through December.

***“Games with Gold” free games offer available 6/10/13-12/31/13 for qualifying paid Gold members only. Xbox 360 games (selected by Xbox) available for free download from Marketplace only during specified half-month window; available games may vary by country. Some titles may only be available for download by account holders 18+. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games. See xbox.com/live

Pretty strong conference overall. Crazy excited about Halo 5. I'm excited to see what 343 do with Halo at 60fps. TitanFall looks damn impressive and incredibly fun to play.

Was hoping to see much more from Quantum Break. Hopefully some plenty of new info is released about the game hopefully with some gameplay screens, or even better, a proper gameplay trailer, as that's one the games I was most looking forward to. A bit sad that Rare is doing Killer Instinct :( I was really hoping for something like Conker, Kameo, a proper Banjo, or some other cool looking IP along those lines. Spark looks amazingly fun. Obviously they can't think of everything that some crazy gamer might want to try, but I hope what they have thought of includes plenty of cool options that are as fun as what was shown today. I would've pegged Spark for a Rare title.

On the price, $500 did surprise me, but then that was also the absolute high end that I personally expected for the system. I'm still fully expecting a subsidized, subscription based option to be announced, though.

Surprised that I didn't see anything from Lionhead. I hope they have something to announce. And I pray that Rare isn't just doing Kinect Sports and Killer Instinct. :(

GS near me only get 12 in first round, thanks to Project Spark it sold my family and Minecraft. Lol. Sigh at the $499..

Noticed some jitters during game play though?

Yea, I did notice some slight framerate stutters. Hopefully they can iron that out before it's done.

Watching the show now on Xbox Live on Demand. So far so good. Finally read through all the posts and although a cheaper price would have been awesome, $499 is not a deal breaker for me.

Still on a wait and see pending the "other" conference and will still not make a solid decision until closer to launch.

That said, I'll probably get both at some point just like this generation.

Rare isn't even doing KI, Double Helix is.

Oh yes, you're right! So there's still hope that Rare is doing something else pretty cool. No way is Kinect Sports all they're working on. People always say to give up hope on Rare doing anything amazing, but I pretty much always have hope that they'll do something truly great. Also, they aren't allergic to pretty colors :)

Nothing wrong with looking like a family friendly game, imo.

I really need an edit button on this app!

Titanfall at EA conference did not have any stutter, so maybe it was the feed?

Did GAF explode or are they protesting by taking down the site for maintenance?

yeah it's scheduled maintenance. they scheduled ,maintenance for e3 you know :LOL:

the funny thing is evilore (gaf owner) locked and banned the poster of a thread a couple days ago trying to arrange a place to meet when gaf inevitably went down, he called it "wildly inappropriate" :LOL:

Amazon and Micrfosoft store preorders are up..

I preordered 4 from Amazon :LOL:

Just in case there's a good scalper market. At 550 after tax, plus ebay's/paypals ~13% cut, these will have to be selling for 800+ to make a decent profit. But then again I sold a launch PS3 7 years ago for 1200.

Weirdly, Amazon would not let me put more than 1 in my cart (standard), yet I was able to order 1 at a time 4 separate times, and then it cut me off :LOL:

I think it's decently possible people will go "oh nobody will want this cause of the DRM crap" and misjudge demand, I might be able to snatch quite a few up now and make some dough later. Since Amazon doesnt charge for preorders theres no risk and plenty of time before launch to gauge demand and cancel if wanted (did this with 3DS, canceled when it became apparent there would be no ebay markup)

Edit: just ordered 6 at Microsoft.com too. I am prepared for the ebay deluge :LOL:

It's possible both stores will cancel me down to 1 later, but I ordered multiple launch day Wii's from Amazon years ago and received them all, so it's possible to slip through the cracks.

Yep, those evil bastards from gamestop that earns money on second hand sales should be stopped. Imagine leeching on other people's work.. :)

Gold accounts are hardware tied on Xbox One now and apply to any GamerTag logged in.

Also, that letter from Marc Whitten confirms the free games for Gold members only lasts through December.

you get to keep the games forever??? even if you cancel gold?? thats amazing if so
Games with Gold: Beginning in July, we will release two free games per month to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox 360. This includes favorites like “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II.” And it starts right now, with the download of “Fable III,” yours to keep on Xbox 360.***

that's the main problem with ps plus games, theyre essentially rented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back