Microsoft: Xbox 360 with Built In HD-DVD Drive On The Way?

There still aren't any signs it really matters though - have a look at Metacritic for a non-biased look at how the 360 games suffer from not having a HDD.

And to drag this back on track - the same can be said for the HD-DVD.

It´s hard to see the difference because the games are designed to work with a harddrive. And i with the current standard of reviews i would doubt how deep they actually go into testing a game on 360´s without Harddrives.

The same goes for DVD vs HD-DVD based games.

Is PGR 4 a bad game because there isn´t space for another track or 3? Absolutely not, would it have been more value for money with more tracks? yes. Would it have been included if the space was there, maybe not :)

I'll state again that I think most games are budget/content limited. Only a few mega buck titles like FFXIII are going to actually need 30GB of space. For X360 they'll just span a few extra discs. Afterall, we're already at the mid point of this generation right after this holiday.

Wifi makes a difference too, whats your excuse for them not having that?

The logical location for a broadband modem is where the console is.

a) Most home computers have wifi built-in.
b) Almost all TVs (& consoles) are situated beside cable and phone outlets.

The 360 is the one that's serving up lucrative content over broadband, so MS has more to gain from facilitating broadband access than Sony, yet they don't seem to put the same weight on the wifi issue than you do.

I'll state again that I think most games are budget/content limited. Only a few mega buck titles like FFXIII are going to actually need 30GB of space. For X360 they'll just span a few extra discs. Afterall, we're already at the mid point of this generation right after this holiday.

As I'm just about to tell Shifty in the other thread, I think you're wrong. EDIT: But look in the other thread if you want to know more. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back