Microsoft Anti-Spyware Code Atlanta

Microsoft have just finished distributing an internal Beta 1 escrow build to internal beta testers. "Atlanta" is the code-name for Microsoft's rehashed GIANT Software Anti-Spyware. In a memo internally, the company looks clear to distribute the software this coming Thursday calling it "new, it's fresh, and it's all good".

Encouraging employees to install the Beta is one of the many ways Microsoft tests Beta products internally. It's not clear whether the release this Thursday will be a public beta or a private external beta.

Source Neowin.com

1)Create a OS with many problems and easy to be attacked by spywares
2)Money
3)Sell a Anty-Spyware Software
4)More money?

It is VERY slow at scanning. Much slower than adaware, spybot, or spysweep. It didn't detect anything that the others didn't and it missed a decent amount of cookies that adaware picked up.

So far it looks like crap, but the real time sheild could be promising if it's done right and doesn't interfere with a virus scanner. Personally, I'd like to have my virus scanner scan for spyware in real time just like it scans for viruses. 1 process instead of 2.

Kinda strange, because this is the plain old GIANT AntiSpyware-softare, which I've seen selected as the best spyware-remover out there. Mostly it has been praised because of it's speed and reliability.

Back