MGS4 walkthrough questions

I think the only thing you can share is SOP information and SOP skills. That also leaves you vulnerable to the syringe skill which takes down the entire team.

You cannot share any other skills i think,atleast nobody has ever taken use of my skills. If i got knife lvl 3 on. nobody else on the team will get knife mastery. Atleast when i run around knife killing people, nobody else on my team is killing with the knife after choke holds, even if im close by and have a SOP skill and in sync. It doesn't work.

The whole leveling up system is imo rubbish. The levels themselves mean nothing, i think they are based on how many points you get in fights. Im like level 7-8 or so, but i havent noticed anything different. The only thing that matters are the actual skill levels of each skill.

I stopped playing completely because of the rubbish setup where you cannot stack any good skills. It makes no sense. Why on earth should i, after getting CQC Mastery, somehow have to be reduced to CQC lvl 1 if i want to knife people aswell? It doesnt make sense, did my character forget all his CQC skills meanwhile?

I dont get why they didn't have CQC and Knifes and a few others as level up skills that stack. It makes no sense to me, its freaking melee skills. This is a shooting game. Melee will allmost never be as effective as just shooting the guy,it should be a bonus to be good at melee\knife, not something you have to chose over other skills.

Its ridiculus that i have to give up 3 skills in order to be able to stab somebody in the neck while in choke hold. This is still a shooting game, that knife skill isn't worth it at all considering what you need to give up on. A weapon skill and runner 2\3 will be more effective in terms of kills and killratio, having knife mastery equipped just makes you less effective.

The problem is that you have to seriously handicap your character if you want to do something cool like stabbing people. Imo, melee skills should stack just like support skills. It would be a nice bonus to have, but by themselves the skills are to weak compared to guns + runner.
The CGC, or Melee attacks if you like can actually be very effective even though MGO is mainly viewed as a shoot em up. There are players who are using them a lot and can be annoying to have them as enemies

I keep seeing 50-hour players with low levels, and not bad k/d ratios, added beta playtime may explain those.

Well apparently player levels are not "monotonic increasing" ala MGO original (IIRC) and Halo 3,
As for whether player levels are useful, I'm sure they are almost useless for people who mostly (or often) play custom games, but they are pretty useful for those of us spending time in matchmaking lobbies.

The CGC, or Melee attacks if you like can actually be very effective even though MGO is mainly viewed as a shoot em up. There are players who are using them a lot and can be annoying to have them as enemies

The problem is that in order to have lets say blade attacks, you use up all your spots. CQC lvl 1 + Blades lvl 3. Or if you use CQC mastery, you got just one skill left. You are handicapping yourself. While you can do alot of damage with CQC moves, the only way to do that is to play is the hide and seek game, they hide or try to sneak up on people, or trap them. Thats not particularly effective in objective based (or even deathmatch) based team games.

Camping is allmost never effective, (unless with defence\offence games, or spawn camping :devilish:), aspecially not if you decide to use CQC, and camping\sneaking is the only way to play CQC, if your not in range, your gonna get shot to death anyway. It may annoy other players, but your spending a lot of time trying to get into CQC postition, meanwhile you could have just shot the guy in the back allready and move on to the next enemy.

I love the CQC moves and getting knife kills, but its not the best way to win any of the game modes (Except for when you are snake), id love it so much more if you could have several skills. That way you could still enjoy all the other excellent skills that makes killing people easier, while also have the ability to knife\cqc somebody when thats the best option. Unlike now, when you choose between allways beeing "worse" that you could be in all weapon encounters, only to get the ability to cqc\blade or just dont bother with CQC, and be the most effective in all weapon encounters, as there are far more of those.

The most effective way to kill pe

By doing something like this your seriously crippling yourself, as you can be much more deadly with runner3 + weaponskill or other setups.

Aspecially considering that this is a third person shooter where you can control camera angle so you can pretty much prevent from getting jumped at any corner my a melee player. And CQC cannot help you if your out of range, and with runner 3 + taking advantage of third person cam, you never will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back