Memory purchase question

Nice RAM but horrible price. Then again, I have seen the price of performance-oriented DDR2 start to climb upwards of late...

Well the reason why I was looking for new ram was to drive it at fast speeds but with lesser voltage. So these seemed to fit the bill quite nicely. I think and I hope OCZ will be releasing another new batch of those low voltage memories soon because it will be a nice upgrade to the existing machine. My problem of the nvidia drivers crashing and reloading in win 7 seemed to have gone away after I powered my machine down completely and let it chill for the night. I fired my machine back up the next day and its been more than 24 hours so far including some CoJ gaming and I have had no problems!

I am still running some seriously old nvidia drivers...maybe I will get the balls to go ahead and update them to the latest 190.62 version I just hope the problem does not come back!

Ah you think you have an overheating or a problem with your system consuming too much power causing errors in Windows 7?

In that case forget the RAM - it would be wasted money unless your RAM at its current settings was faulty and causing the reboots.

Good luck with diagnosing the problem with your NVIDIA card rebooting - just think it through logically, i.e. it probably was the graphics card overheating.

Some questions for you:

1. Do you overclock?
2. What system are you running, motherboard, BIOS version, CPU, RAM and PSU being the most important elements of a system when it comes to stability and of course the graphics card?
3. Are you over-volting anything part of your system?

Etc etc.

Hey Tahir thanks for the reply. Your suggestions were along the lines of what I was thinking but it turned out all I had to do was power down the system...and then turn it back up...not a reboot...but a shutdown...and that stopped my problem! So now it looks like I am back to the way it was. Yeah I was overclocking but I have always kept an eye on the temps but it had never gotten to the point the system was overheating. All I can say is that I am glad this 'nightmare' has gotten over! :)

Back