Meeting your Mate2- What doUthink made it possible?

How did you meet the "one"?

• you fished in a target-rich environment through countless candidates until you found the "one"?

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • you crossed paths with them by complete happenstance and jumped on the opportunity?

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • a friend introduced you 2?

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • you seduced them from somebody else?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

randycat99

Veteran
Your married mate or longterm boy/girlfriend- what do you think made this happen:

-you fished in a target-rich environment through countless candidates until you found the "one"?

-you crossed paths with them by complete happenstance and jumped on the opportunity?

-a friend introduced you 2?

-you seduced them from somebody else?

Thanks for the quick reply, Geo! I hope you repost it here. Sorry for the inconvenience. I got ahead of myself and forgot to setup the poll feature.

Respawning your reply, Geo- hope you don't mind! ;)

I'd say none of those. Met on the old Prodigy, when it was still a glorified bbs, in 1992. But it wasn't a "target rich environment", it was just a group of like-minded people with common interests that happened to include both girls and guys. Not really much different than meeting someone at a church, or a photography club, or any other voluntary association mixed gender grouping.

The problem for guy geeks hanging out at places like B3D is there are so few girl geeks. One of our guy geeks needs to write a "Gals, Here's How You Find a Man!" book that clues them in where to look for y'all. :p Under a female nom, of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
Other

"you crossed paths with them by complete happenstance and she jumped on the opportunity"

Your poll is broken, and erm... I think that your think might be too ;)

Actually I think it is, thus the "smell like dad" comment above. Hormones and all.

Maybe. I've heard it said that men often go for women who are like their mother (in some way, some element of looks, some element of personality). I thought it was maybe a similar thing.

God save me from a woman with my mother's personality!!! (I love my mother, but a girl like that would drive me nuts within hours).

Back