Hardware:-

DS 96,191
PS2 33,080
PSP 33,004
GBASP 10,820
GC 8,329
GBA 422
Xbox 112

DS outsold every other handheld and console combined! :oops: GC got a good boost (no doubt from Fire Emblem) and XBox hit a new low. PS2 and PSP holding steady.

Software:-

1. PS2 Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - Square Enix - 217,000 (new)
2. NGC Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki - Nintendo - 102,000 (new)
3. NDS Naruto 3 for DS - Tomy - 84,000 (new)
4. NDS nintendogs: Shiba and friends - Nintendo - 83,000 (new)
5. NDS nintendogs: Dachs and friends - Nintendo - 53,000 (new)
6. NDS nintendogs: Chihuahua and friends - Nintendo - 46,000 (new)
7. PS2 Baseball L!ve 2005 - Namco - 44,000 (new)
8. GBA Rockman Zero 4 - Capcom - 38,000 (new)
9. PS2 Gundam: One Year War - Bandai - 30,000 (234,000)
10. PSP Shutokou Battle - Genki - 29,000 (new)

Fire Emblem sold quite well (no idea what Romancing Saga is..). Nintendogs sold 182,000 in 4 days, making it the fastest selling DS game so far.

Nintendogs is pushing the system this time? Presumably that means Nintendo have managed to broach some headway into that casual market, appealing to girlies. Good for them if so. Hopefully this'll encourage more diversity in games when producers realise there's more of a market out there than just hormonally imbalanced young males!

I won't be surprised if the next Pokemon iteration has *3* variations instead of 2...

Meanwhile, Xbox sales dropped to 1/3... :devilish:

one said:
I won't be surprised if the next Pokemon iteration has *3* variations instead of 2...

Meanwhile, Xbox sales dropped to 1/3... :devilish:

Xbox is really seeing every single corner on the Japanese market. ;)

Hate to ask, but can anyone explain the difference between those three version of Nintendogs? Or these another one of those Nintendo thing.

- Z

Each has three different puppy breeds. Kinda cunning as people that want access to breeds on different versions need to buy multiple copies of the game. Presumably this is the only reason. I doubt storage is a problem and all 9 breeds wouldn't fit on one card.

Shifty Geezer said:
Each has three different puppy breeds. Kinda cunning as people that want access to breeds on different versions need to buy multiple copies of the game. Presumably this is the only reason. I doubt storage is a problem and all 9 breeds wouldn't fit on one card.

I'm pretty sure I read somwhere that all carts will have all dogs, it is only a question of which ones are available at purchase, and which have to be unlocked. I have no idea, however, how much effort is involved in unlocking them. It has also been reported that the US version will have more breeds.

Each version of the game starts off with 5 different breeds. You can then get more breeds by trading with other players. So each version can end up with all 15 breeds (or more with dogs planned to be downloadable in future from Nintendo).

Hehe when I first saw the coolness of this dog simulator, I was really impressed however I didn't think it would be a system mover. Guess I was wrong. :LOL:

Teasy said:
Each version of the game starts off with 5 different breeds. You can then get more breeds by trading with other players. So each version can end up with all 15 breeds (or more with dogs planned to be downloadable in future from Nintendo).
Okay, that's fair and adds the good ol' Pokemon style trading to keep people amused.

Interesting as this 'game' sounds I really need ot see it to believe it could ever keep me amused for any length of time! I hate pastimes without set 'goals'. I can't even fly a kite without setting some goal or target. Just having it up there gets boring pretty quick.

Nintendogs was originally a GameCube title, maybe they can shift even more units when they make a Nintendocats. Fur rendering is easier on GameCube. ;)

PC-Engine said:
Hehe when I first saw the coolness of this dog simulator, I was really impressed however I didn't think it would be a system mover. Guess I was wrong. :LOL:

Err...heard of Tamagotchi? :rolleyes: When it rolled in NA in mid-90's; it sold millions!

strat_ax said:
PC-Engine said:

Err...heard of Tamagotchi? :rolleyes: When it rolled in NA in mid-90's; it sold millions!

Well this is a lot more advanced than Tamagotchi. It's got touch and voice interactivity.

PC-Engine said:
strat_ax said:
PC-Engine said:

Well this is a lot more advanced than Tamagotchi. It's got touch and voice interactivity.

Indeed, I was just saying that it was not a surprise that the game would be a system seller.
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22361&start=0
:LOL:

I heard of a game "Nintendogs" once and though this was just a (Aprilfools-)prank at Nintendo and their weirder Games... :oops:

strat_ax said:
.. And afterwards we had ~10 Years of an comfortable Vacuum regarding such Pet-Sims. Guess it only works for 1 or 2 Years each Generation ( of Kids, not Consoles )

Back