Medal of Honor: Airborne screenshots

I don't really get it... model and texture detail is very good, shaders look loads bettern than any COD game for example, scenery looks interesting. It certainly needs some polish, but the elements of a pretty good looking game are already there. I'm quite sure that upcoming images will show the game looking quite good.

Oh, and aliasing artifacts are a bit exaggerated thanks to JPEG comression, don't forget that.

Console Moh died with Frontline. The beauty of the series was the soundtrack that drove the gameplay, gave it a movie type experience. The soundtrack is now taking a back seat.

Here's what needs to be done IMO

1) Re-work the music back into the game like it was with the original and Underground.
2) Make it a single player experience again. Stop all this epic battle stuff and make it more of the sneaking type stuff we used to enjoy.
3) BRING BACK TRACER FIRE!! Raise your hand if you like seeing the bullets hit an enemy in the face. Check Gears for an example. I love seeing bullets and keep the dam muzzle flash to a minimum.
4) For some reason I think the old PSone animations were better than anything we've seen since in MoH console titles. I'd have to go back and do a revisit but I loved the old cool Nazi reactions when they got shot. Nothing beats the old school MoH nazi helmut popping.

5) EA, give up the franchise and let people who know what they are doing revamp the series.

Console Moh died with Frontline. The beauty of the series was the soundtrack that drove the gameplay, gave it a movie type experience. The soundtrack is now taking a back seat.

Here's what needs to be done IMO

1) Re-work the music back into the game like it was with the original and Underground.
2) Make it a single player experience again. Stop all this epic battle stuff and make it more of the sneaking type stuff we used to enjoy.
3) BRING BACK TRACER FIRE!! Raise your hand if you like seeing the bullets hit an enemy in the face. Check Gears for an example. I love seeing bullets and keep the dam muzzle flash to a minimum.
4) For some reason I think the old PSone animations were better than anything we've seen since in MoH console titles. I'd have to go back and do a revisit but I loved the old cool Nazi reactions when they got shot. Nothing beats the old school MoH nazi helmut popping.

5) EA, give up the franchise and let people who know what they are doing revamp the series.

I'll second that, makes it more like a real battlefield and makes it easier to have a check on how many bullets are left in the clip.

The last games weren't that good but it looked like they really tried to do something original and fun with this one.

I don't really care about the graphics but I hope the whole "drop anywhere" concept works.

I don't really get it... model and texture detail is very good, shaders look loads bettern than any COD game for example, scenery looks interesting. It certainly needs some polish, but the elements of a pretty good looking game are already there. I'm quite sure that upcoming images will show the game looking quite good.

Apart from scenery looking interesting, I agree.
I am especially glad to see UE3 (modified?) working on fabrics instead of shiny armors, which looks great. Hope it won't be limited to a couple of soldiers on screen.

And there is aliasing of course.

Back