Max Payne 3 - March 2012

When he was prone on the ground and turning and reached a point where turning more was unatural he did a slick roll move. Very impressive animation.

Animation is great, seems almost as fluid as in previous games. Completed them again two weeks ago.. gotta say, great games!
And voice acting, sounds the same, "gadögedaudöhiernauw" :) (thats gotta get out of here, now in finglish)
Waiting for sound department, especially ambient stuff, because that was so nicely done for the first time I remember in a game. All the ventilation pipe sounds, coughing from other apartments really enhanced the feeling for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want MAx Payne in UC3 Graphics with Rain Pouring in the night like a waterfall ! Drops bouncing off guns, sliding down jaw lines as "Late Goodbye" plays in the atmosphere.
Not a GTA like place, with GTA like gfx. Max is supposed to be intense, not scattered ! I want hard lighitng, volumteric shadows and deep slow voice of Max ! I want my Painkillers and I want my long coat back, wet and flapping. I want my NY nights in crispest possible gfx not this , oh no not this pls !

I want a mix of Heavy Rain's loneliness +UC3's gfx+the mood/atmosphere/voice/monologues of Max !

I dunno Renegade... I think this looks incredible already. Looks like they've nailed the atmosphere and tone of Max Pain, despite the more colourful locale.

I just love the way Rockstar do their characterisation, script and narrative in their games. They are amongst the top devs in the industry in my view, so whilst this MP looks like it'll be different to the older games, i'm still gonna give them the benefit of the doubt.

(I also want them to make a Bully 2 too :D)

I want MAx Payne in UC3 Graphics with Rain Pouring in the night like a waterfall ! Drops bouncing off guns, sliding down jaw lines as "Late Goodbye" plays in the atmosphere.

It's about time we reached the Toy Shop demo for a game. :p

It's about time we reached the Toy Shop demo for a game. :p

Yeah ! complete with the noire feel of Payne, sin city vibes and Music to boot ! Give me bullet time like that or don't give me any. These footages of bland contrast gameplays are nothing but a lackluster attempt at an IP that is supposed to ooze atmosphere and get into your brain !

Why is this game not getting much hype or attention? Not my style of game but the presentation looks amazing. It is a sequel to a respected franchise made by one of the most respected developers, Rockstar, in the industry.

Well, the first game was kind of a revolution. It was a shooter with bullet time, not to mention it put a lot of emphasis on its story, focusing in particular on previously unheard of stuff (at least in the genre) like a relationship. The new game, by comparison, has a bald guy who looks like every other grizzled bald guy in gaming, and he takes out nameless thugs in fashionable next gen brown-o-vision. It also has realistic hip movements apparently (like anyone gives a shit).

Back