Matrox G1000 Info???

Mary_Poppins

Newcomer
I was browsing the Matrox site the other day, and I noticed that they had updated their page to announce a new product called G1000! I took some screenshots, and I am glad I did, its now removed from their site. Looks like someone screwed up.

If this is real, ATI and nVidia have a big fight on their hands!

http://www.geocities.com/supes123456789

Now this is interesting. You wouldn't by any chance have that G1000 PDF, would you (assuming its all legit)?

hmm.. the geocities page has "exceeded its allocated data transfer"...

does anyone has a mirror?

That's the most exiting news I've read in months (assuming it's true). If I take the assumption further and it'll have troublefree drivers I'm already sold, especially for 229$ for the entry level model.

That was my initial thought reading the specs too. Yet it claims up to 375mhz clockspeed which doesn't necessarily mean that all models will be clocked that high. A 275-300mhz variation of it at 229$ doesn't sound "that" impossible to me. Concerning the amount of texture layers, colour depth and FSAA values (assuming that it is adaptive MSAA) it's perfectly feasable on a Tiler. I further assume a 0.13um manufacturing process and the multi monitor support available in high end models only.

Those are capabilities TBR architectures should be delivering already to the PC space. If it's a photo-editing job then it's a really bad joke...

strange... there is no icon in the Adress bar.
could be a fake (opening a fake Page and then typing the Matrox URL (ie Removes the icon when you change the URL without hitting enter)

Umm...."Mary Poppins"? "A spoon full of sugar..." started going through my head.

Now, is this obvious 1 post alter ego created to leak some true info, or pull a just before April prank? I see no obvious grammar, layout, or spelling errors, but that could just mean an exceptional effort by a prankster. I especially like that none of the info is quite unbelievable in anyway, atleast as far as my limited knowledge goes. Well, except for the $229 price being listed on that page...that seems a bit too much of an obvious pander to a prankster's target audience.

Too bad there wasn't a link to a cached Google page so I could believe unconditionally...Oh well, I am waiting for the Matrox card or the RV250 anyways, to be a hold over in this machine until the Hammer comes out and I build a new system with whatever is available at about the end of the year, so this doesn't cause me any angst, just brings a small smile to my face.

I am 99% sure that's fake. :)

too much things that are a way too wrong when compared to things that I have been hearing about their next gen since last August.

They have kinda suprise in their pocket but it is much better balanced than what this is.

I'd agree. It seems a bit strange. You would expect someone would be more likely to save the pages and all images etc as well as the pdf rather then taking screenshots of all things. Especially dubios screenshots at that. Other then the interesting missing icon on the address bar, have you noticed how this person appears to have opened all the pages in a new window? I.E. there is no back button.

Of course, the ridicolous statistics (e.g. 128bit colour when we haven't even got 64 bit colour yet? Do you know how much power and RAM 128bit colour would require? Not to mention how little sense this would make) 128 bit colour is 3.4028236692093846346337460743177e+38 colours btw. Oh yes, and this little statistic included the alpha component of course.

rofl, for f's sake
maybe the announcment of the G1000 would have been a credible prank
but the specs are just too funny, no way, no how

can't belive people fall for this kind of stuff :D

Nebuchadnezzar said:
I can't see the mouse in any Screenshot and there is something strange with them, they are 1280*994 !!! :eek:
And these little arrows in front of each feature are misplaced.

Back